MSI R9 380 Gaming 4G randomly crashing desktop.

TigzyGee

Hi guys, im having problems with my Graphics card. As stated in the title, its a MSI R9 380 Gaming 4G, it was recently given to me by a friend of mine and since its been installed in my system its been nothing but headaches that im considering popping my Sapphire R9 280X Toxic card back in. Every now and then the entire keyboard/mouse/PC/Network will freeze up then my screen goes black for a split second before coming back to normal also when it happens i hear the "Ding, da da, ding" sound you get when you Add/Remove new hardware.

Ive noticed the crashes happen when i start pushing the computer in games or graphic related benchmark's i get crashes.  I thaught heat might be a problem, but the card doesnt go above 70c, and my CPU even though ive OC'd it above factory on a stock air cooler doesnt exceed 65c, so i really doubt that the GPU or CPU being overly hot has anything to do with my situation.

Specs of my PC are as follows just incase it matters;

MOBO: ASRock FM2A68M-HD+

CPU: AMD A10-7890K (OC to 4.5GHz)

RAM: Corsair 2x4GB LP 1600MHz DDR3

GPU: MSI R9 380 Gaming 4G (Previously Sapphire R9 280X Toxic OC, which never had problems)

PSU: Cooler Master GX 750W 80+ Bronze

STORAGE: Corsair Force GT 60GB SSD

WD Black 1TB 7200 RPM HDD

Hitachi 120GB HDD (Formerly out of a Fat XBox 360 Elite)

CASE: Fractal Design Define R5

COOLING: Stock AMD Wraith Cooler (New Wraith which came with 7890K)

x3 140mm Cooler Master Fans (formerly out of my Main PC's MasterCase Pro 5 Tower)

x2 140mm Fractal Design Fans (came with this PC's case)

GRAPHICS DRIVER: Radeon 17.12.1 Adrenaline

Any help you guys can provide me with will be greatly appreciated. Oh and just to add, this isn't my main rig, its just a spare i threw together as a spare for when friends come over to play on and i wont be going overboard with upgrading this, i'll leave the upgrades for my main rig.

Ohh i forgot to add, ive also got x2 GTX 980's from my main rig's old SLI setup, i was thinking i might pop one of them into this build instead of my R9 280X if i cant figure out whats wrong with my R9 380, but in honesty i'd prefer keeping this rig as a AMD build. Im so confused as to what my options are.