MSI GS63VR 1060 DC adapter/laptop port overheating - no longer charges

I purchased a MSI GS63VR during Amazon Prime day this summer and it's been great until about two weeks ago. Long story short, I have noticed that the laptop randomly "disconnects" from the adapter when the adapter is still completely plugged in. This started as rather infrequent in occurrence, but that quickly changed. Fast forward to the last 3 days, the computer has been a nightmare to deal with. I now have to situate the cord in such a way so that the laptop recognizes it and charges. Any bump at all and that connection is lost. I have tried to find different methods for a temp fix, such as propping the cord or having some simple tape hold it in place. However, even that no longer works. 

I few things I have noticed are:

* The port seems loose. When I plug it in, I can move it up and down - when I lift the adapter up the connection is recognized and when I lower it down the connection is lost
* The adapter and the charging port get VERY hot - which makes me believe that there is a bad connection some how between the two, which is causing an increase in the resistance in the connection and that creates more heat. 
* No visible damage is present on either the port or the cord throughout - again, it's only a semester old and I take good care of my devices.

This leads me to believe that the problem does not lie in the cord but in the motherboard D/C female port. This has somehow become loose and no longer charges properly. The port looks something like the following: http://www.dcincable.com/msi-ms1757-ge702oc20c-ge702od20d-ge702oe20e-series-power-jack-connector-charging-plug-port-dc-in-cable-input-harness-wire-p-6389.html 

I am asking if this hypothesis is correct and what I can have done about it. It is still under warranty, so I will very likely have them do it, but they say that it will take upwards of a month before I get my computer back. As a college student, this is worrisome with classes resuming in 3-ish weeks. Also, would it be possible to request them fix multiple other minor issues when I send it in (the plastic clips holding the laptop back exhaust plate are nearly completely broken off and it can fall off with a simple lift with the finger.) 

Thanks,

Bump - Finals week and computer does not work....

• 2 years later...
On 12/14/2017 at 11:07 AM, TheWitt said:

I purchased a MSI GS63VR during Amazon Prime day this summer and it's been great until about two weeks ago. Long story short, I have noticed that the laptop randomly "disconnects" from the adapter when the adapter is still completely plugged in. This started as rather infrequent in occurrence, but that quickly changed. Fast forward to the last 3 days, the computer has been a nightmare to deal with. I now have to situate the cord in such a way so that the laptop recognizes it and charges. Any bump at all and that connection is lost. I have tried to find different methods for a temp fix, such as propping the cord or having some simple tape hold it in place. However, even that no longer works. 

I few things I have noticed are:

* The port seems loose. When I plug it in, I can move it up and down - when I lift the adapter up the connection is recognized and when I lower it down the connection is lost
* The adapter and the charging port get VERY hot - which makes me believe that there is a bad connection some how between the two, which is causing an increase in the resistance in the connection and that creates more heat. 
* No visible damage is present on either the port or the cord throughout - again, it's only a semester old and I take good care of my devices.

This leads me to believe that the problem does not lie in the cord but in the motherboard D/C female port. This has somehow become loose and no longer charges properly. The port looks something like the following: http://www.dcincable.com/msi-ms1757-ge702oc20c-ge702od20d-ge702oe20e-series-power-jack-connector-charging-plug-port-dc-in-cable-input-harness-wire-p-6389.html 

I am asking if this hypothesis is correct and what I can have done about it. It is still under warranty, so I will very likely have them do it, but they say that it will take upwards of a month before I get my computer back. As a college student, this is worrisome with classes resuming in 3-ish weeks. Also, would it be possible to request them fix multiple other minor issues when I send it in (the plastic clips holding the laptop back exhaust plate are nearly completely broken off and it can fall off with a simple lift with the finger.) 

Thanks,

Hello, i have similar issue, how did you resolve this?