What air cooling or liquid cooling to use.

hello there people, im new to this forum but im here for a reason.

i wanted to know what liquid or air cooling products could fit and work well on the alienware aurora r7, i have the pc but i notice it came with really, but really bad fans and it sounds like kinda like a jet when is trying to cool my cpu on high work loads.

so i wanted to know what will fit and work with this computer thank you.

Just buy some nicer fans or an air cooler. Watercooling is probably not supported in that case.

Headphones:

Spoiler

Sony MDR V6 (DT 250 pads), restored 1987 AKG K240M 600ohm (Cosmos pads with dt250 filters), AKG K7XX, Beyerdynamic DT990 pro 250 ohm, Bose Ae2 & Sony MDR v150. All off of a Bravo V2 shuguang tube, Little Dot mkII with GE JAN 5654 tubes, a CEntrance Dacport slim and a UCA222.

PC:

Spoiler
  • CPU
    i7 6700k
  • Motherboard
    Asus Z170s
  • RAM
    Crucial Ballistix (white)
  • GPU
    Asus 1070 Strix OC
  • Case
    Phanteks P400
  • Storage
    Samsung 850 pro, Seagate barracuda 1tb
  • PSU
    Evga G1 650W (regret)
  • Display(s)
    Samsung S22D300 21.5" 1920x1080 60hz 5ms & ASUS PB277Q 27" 2560x1440 75Hz 1ms
  • Cooling
    Deepcool Captain 240EX white
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G810
  • Mouse
    Logitech G502
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 (switching to linux soon)

it is supported actually, but i want to buy something new because it seems the cooler they use is just..well dell thing. but what brand would be good?

3 minutes ago, Pauleh said:

Just buy some nicer fans or an air cooler. Watercooling is probably not supported in that case.

it is supported actually, but i want to buy something new because it seems the cooler they use is just..well dell thing. but what brand would be good?

and ty

14 minutes ago, C9Poro said:

and ty

Huh, learnn something new everyday, pre built with support for watercooling. Funny.

If you aren't willing to spend over 120 bucks on watercooling, it isn't worth your time. And even at that price, I don't think it's worth. Get a nice air cooler. The nicest air cooler out there performs as good or better (over time) and costs about 40 bucks less than a low-mid range watercooler. My water cooler is a DEEPCOOL Captain 240EX which is a well reviewed one going for about a 120 bucks, and I like it less than my 30 dollar air cooler. At load, a good watercooler will outperform a air cooler, yes. But at idle, after a while, a air cooler kicks any water coolers ass. Water retains the heat. My recommendation is that you go for a Phanteks PH-TC14PE or a noctua NH D-14.

and some nicer system fans.

Also locate the source of the noise. Take off the side and listen to each part, is it the PSU fan? The CPU fan? Case fan? Adjust accordingly.

Headphones:

Spoiler

Sony MDR V6 (DT 250 pads), restored 1987 AKG K240M 600ohm (Cosmos pads with dt250 filters), AKG K7XX, Beyerdynamic DT990 pro 250 ohm, Bose Ae2 & Sony MDR v150. All off of a Bravo V2 shuguang tube, Little Dot mkII with GE JAN 5654 tubes, a CEntrance Dacport slim and a UCA222.

PC:

Spoiler
  • CPU
    i7 6700k
  • Motherboard
    Asus Z170s
  • RAM
    Crucial Ballistix (white)
  • GPU
    Asus 1070 Strix OC
  • Case
    Phanteks P400
  • Storage
    Samsung 850 pro, Seagate barracuda 1tb
  • PSU
    Evga G1 650W (regret)
  • Display(s)
    Samsung S22D300 21.5" 1920x1080 60hz 5ms & ASUS PB277Q 27" 2560x1440 75Hz 1ms
  • Cooling
    Deepcool Captain 240EX white
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G810
  • Mouse
    Logitech G502
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 (switching to linux soon)

10 hours ago, Pauleh said:

Huh, learnn something new everyday, pre built with support for watercooling. Funny.

If you aren't willing to spend over 120 bucks on watercooling, it isn't worth your time. And even at that price, I don't think it's worth. Get a nice air cooler. The nicest air cooler out there performs as good or better (over time) and costs about 40 bucks less than a low-mid range watercooler. My water cooler is a DEEPCOOL Captain 240EX which is a well reviewed one going for about a 120 bucks, and I like it less than my 30 dollar air cooler. At load, a good watercooler will outperform a air cooler, yes. But at idle, after a while, a air cooler kicks any water coolers ass. Water retains the heat. My recommendation is that you go for a Phanteks PH-TC14PE or a noctua NH D-14.

and some nicer system fans.

Also locate the source of the noise. Take off the side and listen to each part, is it the PSU fan? The CPU fan? Case fan? Adjust accordingly.

well that helps a lot. i will spend all day tomorrow cheeking that and thank you for the recommendations