Recommend me a $200-ish headset for PC and PS4 gaming!

Hollengrhen

Hello friends, I am looking for a $200-ish headset that I will be using for PC and PS4 gaming.

I play mainly: FPS games like CSGO, PUBG and Overwatch on the PC and sometimes non-demanding games like This War of Mine and Divinity Original Sin 2,

and Monster Hunter World(when it comes out), Tekken 7 and Witcher 3 on the PS4.

The headset needs to have a decent/good microphone because I want to talk to my friends via Discord or PS4. Please do not recommend headphones/headset+ModMic combos! I have always been using closed headphones but I'm totally fine with open headphones. Most importantly, I want a headset that does not require a DAC/AMP/Soundcard to be great sounding. Lastly, good looking headsets and RGB lights are bonuses.

I'm currently eyeing the Sennheiser GAME ONE headset and the Audio Technica ATH-AG1 because both are within my budget, sounds great and have a good microphone. But both these headsets came out in 2014 and there might be better ones in 2017 that you guys can recommend.

If it helps, my current PC does not have a soundcard and my motherboard is an oldie ASUS B85-PRO GAMER. Suggest away!

is happy.

Get a Massdrop x Sennheiser PC37X, its only $120 and better than many gaming headsets out there. G4me one is based on HD558 with modified drivers and a boom mic, PC37x is based on the hd598 with modified drivers and a boom mic (which is good for all rounder entertainment imo).

Another alternative is SHP9500 + vmoda boom pro, its $100, beats majority of all the gaming headsets out there. Open back, good imaging and soundstage, treble focused, bass is present but not as much as many people expect it to be.

Note: gaming headsets are okay, but many of the gaming headsets out there are cheap headphones + boom mic and a gaming tag and the jack the prices like crazy and don't get me started with their 7.1 surround sound feature present in these gaming headsets.

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.

9 hours ago, nicobombai said:

Get a Massdrop x Sennheiser PC37X, its only $120 and better than many gaming headsets out there. G4me one is based on HD558 with modified drivers and a boom mic, PC37x is based on the hd598 with modified drivers and a boom mic (which is good for all rounder entertainment imo).

While I will agree the PC37X is a good way to go, the drivers in the HD558 and 598 are exactly the same, in such the G4ME One/Zero and the PC37X use the exact same drivers. With the PC37X you are paying for a MassDrop "special" unit, something of which is usually made a little cheaper just for MassDrop, for better or worse.

MSI Z97M Gaming | i7-4790k | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Kingston Savage DDR3 2400
EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

Thank you all for your suggestions, I will be looking at reviews of every single headset you guys have mentioned!

is happy.