Siberia 840 or Arctis 7

Docretier

I want a good pair of wireless gaming headphones, wireless because I’m a clumsy person whose current headphones are broken from me constantly hitting and pulling on the cord accidentally. My reason for considering the Siberia 800 or 840 is because of the hot swap battery system, that way I’m not wired. The arctis 7 seems to be what most people(websites I’ve found around the internet) are calling the “best gaming headset.” Which would you guys recommend?

Just now, Max_Settings said:

Didn't you already make this topic?

No, that was for finding solutions on optical output for my pc. This is me asking the opinion of different headphones.

1 minute ago, Docretier said:

No, that was for finding solutions on optical output for my pc. This is me asking the opinion of different headphones.

But I thought we went over that before too?

Just now, Max_Settings said:

But I thought we went over that before too?

No, you guys recommended other headphones in that thread, I’m asking between these.

6 hours ago, Docretier said:

No, you guys recommended other headphones in that thread, I’m asking between these.

I know, that's because we know better and want to help you get much better headphones.

The Siberia line and Arctis line are very different animals.  The Siberia 800/840 have better drivers and have better sound overall as well as a much more capable transmitter/receiver unit, the Arctis 7 is trying to deliver a similar feature set at lower price point.  The 800/840's sound can be considered better than average or good (but not great) even by audiophile standards, but for the price you're spending more on features than you are sound quality and that's where getting a headset excels, in providing you convenience more than anything.

I have the Arctis 7 and I use it regularly for that reason.  I find the audio quality and battery life just fine, they usually last me all week or longer.  When they're dead I just charge them while I'm gaming and the charge time is pretty fast.  I don't mind that you can't swap out the battery.

12 hours ago, ShredBird said:

The Siberia line and Arctis line are very different animals.  The Siberia 800/840 have better drivers and have better sound overall as well as a much more capable transmitter/receiver unit, the Arctis 7 is trying to deliver a similar feature set at lower price point.  The 800/840's sound can be considered better than average or good (but not great) even by audiophile standards, but for the price you're spending more on features than you are sound quality and that's where getting a headset excels, in providing you convenience more than anything.

I have the Arctis 7 and I use it regularly for that reason.  I find the audio quality and battery life just fine, they usually last me all week or longer.  When they're dead I just charge them while I'm gaming and the charge time is pretty fast.  I don't mind that you can't swap out the battery.

Thanks, at least someone was willing to answer my question.