I just built a pc with the following specs:

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 TI Founders Edition

Ryzen 5 1600

2x8GB Flare X G.Skill

MSI Tomahawk B350 Mobo

Corsair CX550M (2017) psu 

Phantek P400 Tempered Glass case 

and its running on an Omen 25-inch 144hz

I feel like this computer should be overkill on most games at 1080p, but when I play my frames drop to around 60 and below fps. I downloaded MSI Afterburner to check what was wrong, and I continuously saw that the GPU was running at 40% usage in-game and it would jump up to the 70-90% in menus skyrocketing my fps. The odd thing is that this does not happen with all games Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice uses the GPU at 97-99% all the time giving me amazing frame rates on ultra. I've set the power consumption to max performance, I've uninstalled the Nvidia drivers using ddu and reinstalled them, I've factory reseted my pc and installed all drivers anew, I've tired increasing the power % on MSI to 120%, and even tried to ump with the in game graphics settings to try to force more GPU use, but to no avail. The GPU usage stays low and my frame rates are crap compared to what I've supposed to be getting... PLEASE HELP!

P.S. I ran Furmark and it said I hit the power limit, I then tried msi in game monitoring and it said I only hit the voltage limit. Both the cpu and gpu are in stock settings and I haven't messed with overclocking. 

I've also attached some screenshots of GPU-Z to help you guys understand how the GPU runs in-game and how it runs in the menu screen. 

Arma3ingameGPU.gif

Arma3menuGPU.gif

graphics card.gif

The first image is in-game and the second is menu screen.

Don't run FurMark for stability it throws unrealistic way too heavy loads, try Heaven Benchmark instead, every thing you've mention suggests something is simply bottlenecking the GPU somehow have you overclocked memory on the system? what frequency is the R5 1600 at?

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

1 hour ago, Princess Cadence said:

Don't run FurMark for stability it throws unrealistic way too heavy loads, try Heaven Benchmark instead, every thing you've mention suggests something is simply bottlenecking the GPU somehow have you overclocked memory on the system? what frequency is the R5 1600 at?

I believe the 1600 in game registers 1873 MHz and the memory is running at 4007 MHz. 

23 minutes ago, Saulwf44 said:

I believe the 1600 in game registers 1873 MHz and the memory is running at 4007 MHz. 

None of this makes any sense

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Sorry I'm new to pc gaming, I think I looked at the wrong stats. 

The CPU speed is 3.2 GHz I think that is the same thing as the frequency right?

As far as the memory, I'm not sure. If you are talking about ram it is a Ryzen compatible 2400 memory, I have it dual channel. I haven't messed with any settings in the bios having to do with the memory. 

2 hours ago, Princess Cadence said:

None of this makes any sense

Sorry I'm new to pc gaming, I think I looked at the wrong stats. 

The CPU speed is 3.2 GHz I think that is the same thing as the frequency right?

As far as the memory, I'm not sure. If you are talking about ram it is a Ryzen compatible 2400 memory, I have it dual channel. I haven't messed with any settings in the bios having to do with the memory. 

I also forgot to add that the CPU usage is also low.

• 2 weeks later...

Speeds looks fine on gpuz....do you play with vsync on?

CPU usage is low coz ryzen 5 1600 with its 6 cores and 12 threads is an overkill for most games... They don't utilize it maximally yet. Most Games from 2016 for example in my case utilize like 10-15% at times (cpu). 

Is the gpu usage 98-100% if you run heavan benchmark or firestrike ?