ycbcr 444 green screen

ArbiterAvenger
Go to solution Solved by Frankenburger,
1 hour ago, ArbiterAvenger said:

Do you think i could have made some kind of damage in image quality to my gpu or monitor by trying to force it? And which one is better, the rgb full or ycbcr 444?

There shouldn't be any damage. If the panel can't accept a specific color format, then you won't have the option to enable it in NVCP.

Technically full RGB is better. I would stick with that unless there was a specific reason for you to switch to 444.

Hey guys

i have a AOC G2260VWQ6 75hz monitor for two years and today i was reading something about Ycbcr and rgb full/limited and notice in my nvidia control panel was set to rgb limited.

Changed it to full. The image was a bit better and had more white and dark. I decided to try as well ycbcr 444 for some peoples said this is better and got a green screen color and and changed back to rgb full.

Do you know why this happened and if could have damaged anything as it seems my monitor doesn't support this. (i'm using DP cable)

It's possible the screen doesn't support it. Though the difference between RGB and YcBcR 444 is infinitesimal at best. RGB is uncompressed colors, while YcBcR 444 is lossless. Visually they are identical when being used on panels that supports both.

Gaming Rig
Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7-6850k @ 4.2GHz

GPU: 2x FE GTX 1080Ti

Memory: 16GB PNY Anarchy DDR4 3200MHz

Motherboard: ASRock X99 Extreme 4

Encoding Rig
Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.7GHz

GPU: GTX 1050

Memory: 8GB Curcial Ballistix DDR4 2133MHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H

6 minutes ago, Frankenburger said:

It's possible the screen doesn't support it. Though the difference between RGB and YcBcR 444 is infinitesimal at best. RGB is uncompressed colors, while YcBcR 444 is lossless. Visually they are identical when being used on panels that supports both.

Do you think i could have made some kind of damage in image quality to my gpu or monitor by trying to force it? And which one is better, the rgb full or ycbcr 444?

1 hour ago, ArbiterAvenger said:

There shouldn't be any damage. If the panel can't accept a specific color format, then you won't have the option to enable it in NVCP.

Technically full RGB is better. I would stick with that unless there was a specific reason for you to switch to 444.

Gaming Rig
Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7-6850k @ 4.2GHz

GPU: 2x FE GTX 1080Ti

Memory: 16GB PNY Anarchy DDR4 3200MHz

Motherboard: ASRock X99 Extreme 4

Encoding Rig
Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.7GHz

GPU: GTX 1050

Memory: 8GB Curcial Ballistix DDR4 2133MHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H