Triple 4k Monitor Set up Help

Max4536

Hello everyone, so I have started to transform my set up (from one 4k monitor and 2 1080p monitors) into a triple 4k set up. This is NOT to game in super wide 4k to be clear. I just game on the middle monitor, but I want the nice smooth transition to the side monitors (using 1080p  monitors on the sides make the mouse go wonky and create scaling issues) so I want the same resolution for all. What would be a good graphics card for this? I'm currently running a gtx970 strix. 4GB but it only has a single DP. 

You may have to get a new card as DVI doesn't support 4K and the only other connector on the Strix 970 is HDMI(which will support 4K).

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

yea, as of now i have 2 of the 4k monitors (one on dp one on hdmi) and the other is a 1080p running on the dvi. So which card would you think would be good? 1070? 

5 minutes ago, Max4536 said:

yea, as of now i have 2 of the 4k monitors (one on dp one on hdmi) and the other is a 1080p running on the dvi. So which card would you think would be good? 1070? 

Are you needing more performance for anything or do you just need another 4K output? If it's just a matter of an output, you could add a cheaper card to go along with the 970. I believe the GTX 750 may be one of the cheapest cards with a 4K output, so you could see how much they go for on eBay. It may be the 750Ti, i'll check and edit the post with which one it is. 

Also, what CPU and motherboard do you have? You may be able to run one off the iGPU.

EDIT: The 750 will do 4K, look for ones with a DisplayPort output to be sure it can do 4K @ 60Hz. 

oh wow I didnt even think about running it off my onboard graphics! Yea i have the z170X-ultra. and it supports 4k! Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Max4536 said:

oh wow I didnt even think about running it off my onboard graphics! Yea i have the z170X-ultra. and it supports 4k! Thanks!

Best to at least try that first to see if it works. You may need to go and enable the iGPU in the BIOS settings if it doesn't work right away.