Asus graphics card has failed 3 times. Need to fix!

XtremeRampage

I made a post explaining the issue last night but ill give a brief summary. Turn my pc on starts normally after a few minutes my screen goes black and gpu fans go full speed. This has happened 3 times over the past 3 months and ive rmad it 3 times but still nothing. I connected my monitor to intel integrated graphics but left my gpu in. Checked msi after burner and everything seemd fine. My voltage was at 0 dont know if thats a problem. I set my fan speed to 40% auto and restarted my pc and connected the monitor to the gpu. Started normally but after a few minutes again my screen went black but this time my fans stayed normal at the 40% i had set them to. Somebody please help when i remove the gpu everything runs fine on integrated graphics. Please help! Any would be greatly appreciated! I have a Asus gtx 1080. Not sure if the model matters.

23 minutes ago, XtremeRampage said:

I made a post explaining the issue last night but ill give a brief summary. Turn my pc on starts normally after a few minutes my screen goes black and gpu fans go full speed. This has happened 3 times over the past 3 months and ive rmad it 3 times but still nothing. I connected my monitor to intel integrated graphics but left my gpu in. Checked msi after burner and everything seemd fine. My voltage was at 0 dont know if thats a problem. I set my fan speed to 40% auto and restarted my pc and connected the monitor to the gpu. Started normally but after a few minutes again my screen went black but this time my fans stayed normal at the 40% i had set them to. Somebody please help when i remove the gpu everything runs fine on integrated graphics. Please help! Any would be greatly appreciated! I have a Asus gtx 1080. Not sure if the model matters.

are u using the latest drivers? 

ask me about your system builds, AIO's, CPU's, PSU's, and GPU's.

4 minutes ago, ricksteendam1 said:

are u using the latest drivers? 

Dont have the latest ones

6 minutes ago, XtremeRampage said:

can you instal the latest ones 

ask me about your system builds, AIO's, CPU's, PSU's, and GPU's.

6 minutes ago, XtremeRampage said:

It may be some software-bound sensor read-out issue causing the card to think it's too hot and therefore shut down then...

Make sure to tag and/or quote people so they get notified... :P:D 

My gear:

Ryzen 7 2700X / Gigabyte GA-X370M-Gaming 3 / R9 380 Nitro 4GB/ 16GB DDR4 2133 / 225GB OCZ Trion 100 / 3TB of hard drive storage
                                                                                                     AOC C24G1 / BenQ GW2270H(rarely overclocked to 87Hz :P )
                                                                               Razer Blackwidow / Redragon Kumara / Logitech G Pro Wiress / Sennheiser HD 559

Microsoft LifeCam Studio / Tonor BM700 microphone

Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ82 / Canon EOS 80D

#PCMasterrace

Just now, Jonas_2909 said:

It may be some software-bound sensor read-out issue causing the card to think it's too hot and therefore shut down then...

That would also explain the 0 volts applied...

My gear:

Ryzen 7 2700X / Gigabyte GA-X370M-Gaming 3 / R9 380 Nitro 4GB/ 16GB DDR4 2133 / 225GB OCZ Trion 100 / 3TB of hard drive storage

#PCMasterrace

1 minute ago, Jonas_2909 said:

That would also explain the 0 volts applied...

How would i fix it?

1 minute ago, XtremeRampage said:

How would i fix it?

Installing the lates drivers, if I'm right...

My gear:

#PCMasterrace

3 minutes ago, ricksteendam1 said:

can you instal the latest ones 

Yes will try

Just now, Jonas_2909 said:

Installing the lates drivers, if I'm right...

Do you think i should try something else if this doesnt work?

Maybe... By the way, did Asus always send you back your exact card or another one?

My gear:

#PCMasterrace

2 minutes ago, Jonas_2909 said:

Maybe... By the way, did Asus always send you back your exact card or another one?

First time they “fixed it” second time they sent a new one

On 8.12.2017 at 8:43 PM, XtremeRampage said:

First time they “fixed it” second time they sent a new one

I think it is likely to be a software issue then...

My gear:

#PCMasterrace