Should i get a dac or keep my older sound card ?

andrewmp6

I'm building a pc in a few months,I'm on the fence should i reuse my asus xonar xense with custom drivers for windows 10,Or should i go for a dac or upgrade the sound card?I mostly use a sennheiser g4me zero and want to keep them.

Try it first and decide it for yourself whether u want it or not.

So the original G4ME ZERO? with 150ohm impedance if i recall it correctly but that headset is easy to drive so even consumer grade motherboard are capable to drive them.

Or it could be the 50ohm version.

Still if you want a DAC i'd suggest to buy an external amp/dac combo.

For your headset Fiio E10k/Q1 or Schiit fulla 2 would be enough.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

xense is more than sufficient, it has an excellent dac and amp set up. more than enough for anything.

Do not buy an external unit (or replace the Xense at all) UNLESS you have actual real issues with what you currently own. It is way more than enough for the headphones you bought.

The G4ME ZERO headset is new i have had maybe 2 months if that.The soundcard came with a sennheiser pc350 headset if i remember right,I loved that headset tell i ended up breaking it,So i stuck with sennheiser and got the G4ME ZERO in white to match my next build.I did look at newer sound cards and dacs most don't offer half what my xense  does,But custom drivers kinda scare me a little bit.