Side panel off or on?

MikauAnaki

I just ran a test. I did the GTA V benchmark at maximum settings 1080p and my GPU ran somewhere in the 40's with the side panel off.
After giving it some time to cool, I ran the benchmark again with the side panel on and it was at 60 degrees by the end of the benchmark.

I assume this is because I only have one case fan and it's not enough to really take advantage of an enclosed space to create negative pressure and good airflow and all that?

I figured as much. According to Luke's video, you start getting diminishing returns after two fans, so I guess I'll go buy an intake fan.
Also the GPU is just blowing air down onto the PSU and there's no fans dow there sucking hot air out. Any solution for airflow there?

for reference I have the Corsair 100R case

F5A7BB6C9128440DBA79A654E086C006.ashx?w=780

It just seems like with the way it's mounted, the GPU is just blowing hot air to the bottom where there is no airflow. Maybe this is alright and normal though, I don't know. I'm new to this.

4 minutes ago, MikauAnaki said:

for reference I have the Corsair 100R case

F5A7BB6C9128440DBA79A654E086C006.ashx?w=780

It just seems like with the way it's mounted, the GPU is just blowing hot air to the bottom where there is no airflow. Maybe this is alright and normal though, I don't know. I'm new to this.

the psu will be fine

btw the gpu sucks air in and pushed it from the sides