GA-H270N-WIFI doesn't boot after large December Win 10 update

Boomkid

Hey!  1st time posting in here.  Linus on youtube is extremely awesome as far as educating!  Spent much time watching his stuff.
Anyway, just built a machine for my mother.  Works fantastically.  GA-H270N-WIFI MB, i5 7600K, 16 gigs ram (Crucial ballistix sport 2400mhz), Toshiba SATA SSD (storage) and Samsung evo 960 M.2 SSD as the boot drive.  It apparently goes to do some recent December 2017 large WIn 10 update (WIn 10 x64 Home ed) then goes to restart and can't get past the initial WIn 10 logo and GIF before the BIOS screen suddenly appears.  Now it gets to the MB logo and goes black.  Go to 'save and exit' screen to select The SSD M.2 to boot from- it begins to boot, then just goes black screen.  Tried startup repair options and nada.  So, loaded Win10 again and went about my evening last night.  She just messaged me and said it did the exact same thing again.
About to go get the machine but will 1st try forced safe mode to try and get into recovery in control panel to try and roll this update back.  

Very confused!  Help!  (Thanks in advance!)

-Jay

Welp, solved my own problem.  I have zero clue why, but that huge update from Microsoft on Tuesday (12/5/17) installed a graphics driver for the onboard graphics which forced the resolution to be locked at 4K after it restarted.  My mom is still using a 1080P tv as her monitor so the message "resolution not supported" from the TV was accurate.  After a little while, I realized the OS was booted when I heard the Windows disconnect sound after unplugging the HDMI cable.  The only way I could fix it was to boot in safe mode, go to Gigabyte's website, download the graphics driver and installed it (again.)  Problem solved.  Ugg.