How do I upgrade HDD to SSD on HP Envy X360 Convertible?

I have the HP Envy X360 Convertible- 15t laptop and I want to replace the 1tb HDD with a 500gb SSD. I've seen many youtube videos on upgrading the HDD on that laptop but there are still some questions that I have. I noticed that you have to take off the rubber feet on the laptop to get access to the screws. But if I take out the rubber feet, will my warranty be canceled? And also how would I put the feet back on? Do I have to just glue it back or do I just need to buy replacement rubber feets? Also, will upgrading the HDD to an SSD void my warranty? Can someone please help me.

18 minutes ago, Ultimate Assassin said:

I have the HP Envy X360 Convertible- 15t laptop and I want to replace the 1tb HDD with a 500gb SSD. I've seen many youtube videos on upgrading the HDD on that laptop but there are still some questions that I have. I noticed that you have to take off the rubber feet on the laptop to get access to the screws. But if I take out the rubber feet, will my warranty be canceled? And also how would I put the feet back on? Do I have to just glue it back or do I just need to buy replacement rubber feets? Also, will upgrading the HDD to an SSD void my warranty? Can someone please help me.

it it still does have waranty, then yes it does void your warranty. Only an authorized service may do that without voiding an warranty and normaly it works like this: they void the orig waranty and give you another on only on the swap.

ASUS Maximus VII Hero | i7 4790K OC 4.8GHZ | 4x8GB 2400MHz MSI GTX 1070 alphacool eiswolf gpx pro
Samsung 850 EVO 520GB + Corsair 525gb + 275gb SSD  2TB Seagate Barracuda | 8TB Seagate Archive

Cooler Master HAF-X 942 | EVGA Supernova 1000W 80+ Platinum | Custom watercooling loop (gpu+cpu)

360mm+180mm rad and 10 fans | Swiftech D5 mcp655-B

19 minutes ago, Ultimate Assassin said:

Taking the rubber feet out should matter warranty wise, undoing the screws opening it up and putting an SSD in will void the warranty. You should also be able to just shove the rubber feet back inside where you take them from.

26 minutes ago, bughtoo said:

it it still does have waranty, then yes it does void your warranty. Only an authorized service may do that without voiding an warranty and normaly it works like this: they void the orig waranty and give you another on only on the swap.

Just an FYI, while many companies "state" that doing such and such voids the warranty, this isn't really the case most of the time.

Legally speaking, swapping out user upgradeable hardware does not void the warranty. Actually getting them to honour it is a different story though xD

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)