Why does Word 2016 think it's American?

yolosnail

So I'm using Word 2016 for a report I'm writing and it keeps telling me to put 'Z's in everything instead of 'S's and telling my to write Center instead of Centre.

The language in the options is set to English (United Kingdom) so I don't know what is going on.

Is there another langue setting hid somewhere else?

Laptop:

Spoiler

HP OMEN 15 - Intel Core i7 9750H, 16GB DDR4, 512GB NVMe SSD, Nvidia RTX 2060, 15.6" 1080p 144Hz IPS display

PC:

Spoiler

Vacancy - Looking for applicants, please send CV

Mac:

Spoiler

2009 Mac Pro 8 Core - 2 x Xeon E5520, 16GB DDR3 1333 ECC, 120GB SATA SSD, AMD Radeon 7850. Soon to be upgraded to 2 x 6 Core Xeons

Phones:

Spoiler

LG G6 - Platinum (The best colour of any phone, period)

LG G7 - Moroccan Blue

Just now, firelighter487 said:

is your system's region set to UK? 

Yeah, everything is set to UK. I've looked through everything setting I can see and everything is UK

Laptop:

Spoiler

HP OMEN 15 - Intel Core i7 9750H, 16GB DDR4, 512GB NVMe SSD, Nvidia RTX 2060, 15.6" 1080p 144Hz IPS display

PC:

Spoiler

Vacancy - Looking for applicants, please send CV

Mac:

Spoiler

2009 Mac Pro 8 Core - 2 x Xeon E5520, 16GB DDR3 1333 ECC, 120GB SATA SSD, AMD Radeon 7850. Soon to be upgraded to 2 x 6 Core Xeons

Phones:

Spoiler

LG G6 - Platinum (The best colour of any phone, period)

LG G7 - Moroccan Blue

I have experienced some similar issues lately, only that they spread system-wide. My region is always set Switzerland (same as my keyboard layout) but Windows kept overwriting my keyboard layout to American, while still showing the region I had selected. As I predominantly type in english, I am assuming that Windows recognises this and for that reason overwrites my settings, which of course is idiotic. Anyways, I suggest contacting Microsoft's live support chat. For once they were actually helpful and suggested a clean boot, which solved the issue for me (at least for the moment). The guy is spoke to also mentioned that they're suspecting there to be a bug that could relate to stuff like this.