PC won’t post/boot with more than 2gb of ram installed

Swaggin Dragon

Hey guys!

im having trouble with my ASUS desktop. When I try to run with more than 2gb of ram installed, my pc won’t post/boot. It posts and boots perfectly fine when I only have 2gb installed. My motherboard is an ASUS P5QL-VM.

What type of ram yyou put in ?

only DDR2 ram works with that board.

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

does it give any error codes? if so which ones exactly? also is it a new build or are you upgrading? what type(s) of ram are you using (speed,ddr version, amount of GB ect.)?

6 minutes ago, Eduard the weeb said:

What type of ram yyou put in ?

only DDR2 ram works with that board.

I’m using ddr2 ram at 800mhz

4 minutes ago, Alexzz_ said:

does it give any error codes? if so which ones exactly? also is it a new build or are you upgrading? what type(s) of ram are you using (speed,ddr version, amount of GB ect.)?

No error codes, pc will start but nothing else happens

5 minutes ago, Swaggin Dragon said:

I’m using ddr2 ram at 800mhz

Dead ram ?

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

1 minute ago, Eduard the weeb said:

Dead ram ?

The ram sticks will work fine on there own, (the sticks I’m trying to use are 2gb each), but the minute I put in any more than that the pc doesn’t work.

2 minutes ago, Swaggin Dragon said:

The ram sticks will work fine on there own, (the sticks I’m trying to use are 2gb each), but the minute I put in any more than that the pc doesn’t work.

Randomly switch the ram sticks around, I though my boards 4th ram slot was dead but when i switched them around it started working again.

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.91 GHz RAM: G.Skill 4x4GB 2133Mhz DDR3 GPU: AMD HD 7970 3GB SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 500GB PSU: Corsair HX620W  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 Case: Phanteks P400 Tempered Glass (Black) Monitor: Dell P2412H, Dell 2012H Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Classic Mouse: Logitech G203 Prodigy HDD: WD Black 3TB