Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones

TanColbert

I love my new headphones, granted I upgraded from the Siberia V2 headset, but they are so much better in every way. The sound stage is amazing, the only fault i've had so far is a lack of punch in bass, but that will vary from person to person. They are also extremely comfortable, with no clamping force on my head, and the ear cups are a soft felt like material. Those these are open headphones, so people around you can hear what you are listening to. I have an unboxing on my channel if you would like to check it out, but thats up to you http://youtu.be/KOSMviemmVk%C2'>

yea 598's are nice. but they really werent supposed to be a Bass filled headphones. something like a dt990 wouldve probably been more to your liking but the 598's are stilll really nice. just a preference thing

Yeah I don't really care about the bass, thats why I said it varies person to person.

I don't really mind the bass. It's enough for me to hear bass guitars. I listen to a bit of Electro and it still sounds great so I'm happy on all fronts

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah the 598s are amazing. I got them to upgrade from my Creative Fatal1ty headset. I got them on sale and every time I see the pricing of the 558s, I chuckle a little knowing that I got my 598s for less than the 558.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”