High-end keyboard, not so noisey.

Watashi

The noise level on my Corsair k65 (reds) doesn't bother me at all. Personally I like the sounds that the keys make upon bottoming out during typing. I also really like the low force required to actuate the keys. I'm hoping to find quieter keys because they seem to bother my girlfriend.

4 minutes ago, Doomerson said:

The noise level on my Corsair k65 (reds) doesn't bother me at all. Personally I like the sounds that the keys make upon bottoming out during typing. I also really like the low force required to actuate the keys. I'm hoping to find quieter keys because they seem to bother my girlfriend.

you could put o-ring on them

4 minutes ago, Doomerson said:

try the silent keys

Just now, Hari S said:

you could put o-ring on them

an o-ring, that is a good idea, and I'll have to look at reviews for the silent keys. Not sure how "silent" they really are.

Cherry mix silents (or learn how to type on a mech lol - you aren't supposed to bottom out)

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

1 minute ago, Damascus said:

Cherry mix silents (or learn how to type on a mech lol - you aren't supposed to bottom out)

yeah go with this it is over all better and you can use the o-rings if you want to

3 minutes ago, Damascus said:

Is there any downsides to bottoming the keys out? Or is this just a made up standard you've created because you prefer typing that way?

simple, dont get a mechanical keyboard, they became popular in gaming coz of osu anyways xD

u dont rly need a mech keyboard to perform well in gaming, just get what is comfy and chill ,  personally use a logitech k740    , and trust me ive had all of the cherry switches,g19, k65 and all that shit :P

(◑‿◐)

3 minutes ago, geo3 said:

o-rings only quiet the down stroke. The release sound it effect. These will do both.

Those do seem to make a huge difference, I am going to honestly consider purchasing those.

Just now, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

-snip-

What is OSU? And I'm considering a type of membrane switch to be entirely honest.

2 minutes ago, Doomerson said:

Is there any downsides to bottoming the keys out? Or is this just a made up standard you've created because you prefer typing that way?

You cant type without bottoming out lol because u wont be pressing one keys only.

For gaming though u only press W.A.S.D hence u can hold ur finger midway.

Its difficult and requires a lot of practice another word Dont bother.

5 minutes ago, geo3 said:

o-rings only quiet the down stroke. The release sound it effect. These will do both.

Wow that is quite expensive for a pieces of rubber

Just now, Doomerson said:

What is OSU? And I'm considering a type of membrane switch to be entirely honest.

A japanese rhytm games

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

Just now, Doomerson said:

a rythm game that requires mech switches for less resistance, due to pressing high bpm/speeds with 2 fingers :P

anyway if u want a chill quiet keyboard look into flatkey keyboards ( logitech k740 for example ) its the most quiet keyboard ive ever had and will never be beaten in comfort either

(◑‿◐)

7 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

-snip-

I'll have to do some research thanks for the suggestions!

13 minutes ago, Doomerson said:

The main reason typists use mechanical keyboards is to stop bottoming out every time you smack your thinger down all the way it sends a shock into your thingera and over time it causes serious damage.  

Thus, the capability of mechanical board NOT bottoming out is one of the main attractions and it leads to all the other advantages as well (faster response being chief among them)

17 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

You cant type without bottoming out lol because u wont be pressing one keys only.

I do it all the time. Just requires a bit of practice in hovering your hands above the keyboard and then pushing just enough to actuate each time.  Super easy once you get the hang of it.

Its difficult and requires a lot of practice another word Dont bother.

For me the transition took about a week to go from bottoming out all the time to just going to the actuation point

6 minutes ago, Doomerson said:

Source?

Medical scribe f.o.t.f nearly destroyed her hands using a traditional dome keyboard, was actually prescribed an mx blue/brown keyboard by the doctor.

I'll try and find something less anecdotal 

I do it all the time. Just requires a bit of practice in hovering your hands above the keyboard and then pushing just enough to actuate each time.  Super easy once you get the hang of it.

For me the transition took about a week to go from bottoming out all the time to just going to the actuation point

Yes but once u are about to press another keys u will actually bottom out that said keys cause ur finger wont be holding it anymore right?

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

5 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

Yes but once u are about to press another keys u will actually bottom out that said keys cause ur finger wont be holding it anymore right?

What? No, bottoming out is slamming the key all the way to the metal frame of your keyboard. Release is not really related

What? No, bottoming out is slamming the key all the way to the metal frame of your keyboard. Release is not really related

What? i thought its called bottom in?

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

9 minutes ago, Damascus said:

-snip-

sounds interesting, If there is any sources that you can find that would be great, because if what you're saying is true then it would be worth learning the practice.

Just now, Hiya! said:

What? i thought its called bottom in?

Nah, one of the many quirks of English 

Nah, one of the many quirks of English 

Welp that sounds kinda dumb but i get it now thank you very much :)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

7 minutes ago, Doomerson said:

sounds interesting, If there is any sources that you can find that would be great, because if what you're saying is true then it would be worth learning the practice.

Not anything official, but it is geekhack.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=88113.0