Webcams and laptop cams.

So I just got done watching Linus's review of the Acer Predator 700. As he commented on the 720p front camera, it hit me. This as an expensive laptop, and ones which are even more expensive, have horrible webcams. Then I figured well, even some of the best desktop webcams still only run 1080p unless you use a legit camera. Then I thought, why don't they have as good as most cell phones front facing or even rear facing cameras? I mean they can't possibly take up much room with how thin modern day cell phones are. It should easily fit behind any laptop display or a small desktop webcam like the Logitech 922c. I know they just made a 4k webcam, but still, it took this long to make something bigger than 1080p?

Why not just clamp your phone to the top of your monitor?

My life

i think an external one is better anyway, how you can move it however you like

That would defeat the purpose xD Seems like they should be able to add these in and for somewhat cheap too since they're should be a lot of them with all the modern day phones.

Just now, Gclaw said:

i think an external one is better anyway, how you can move it however you like

There expensive and they suck

i still don't get why pepole buy the,

My life

Just now, mitchpman13 said:

That would defeat the purpose xD Seems like they should be able to add these in and for somewhat cheap too since they're should be a lot of them with all the modern day phones.

they don't sell enough webcams to really innovate with them

My life

1 hour ago, Himommies said:

There expensive and they suck

i still don't get why pepole buy the,

well people buy them when they dont have a webcam or on desktop usally. i have 3, got them all second hand for a good price. what would you get instead? 

Just now, Gclaw said:

well people buy them when they dont have a webcam or on desktop usally. i have 3, got them all second hand for a good price. what would you get instead? 

Either use your phone or buy a camera

honestly unless you can get one for under 10 dollars there's no reason too

My life

I know, but I live in a college town and my girlfriend ends up taking more videos for class projects on her phone than her laptop because the quality is so bad. I don't think I've ever seen a decent laptop webcam. Guess everyone uses Skype or some other video service with their phone than laptops.

Either use your phone or buy a camera

honestly unless you can get one for under 10 dollars there's no reason too

well what if its a webcam for lets plays or a stream, how do you use your phone? and a webcam is easier as you dont have to synch the audio with the video after. I dont see why spending $50 on a c920 is a big deal or get it for like $30 used 

Just now, Gclaw said:

well what if its a webcam for lets plays or a stream, how do you use your phone? and a webcam is easier as you dont have to synch the audio with the video after. I dont see why spending $50 on a c920 is a big deal or get it for like $30 used 

http://www.skipser.com/p/2/p/android-as-webcam.html

you can get a ssd for 50 

get that instead

My life

http://www.skipser.com/p/2/p/android-as-webcam.html

you can get a ssd for 50 

get that instead

what if you have an ssd and need a webcam lol, i dont see how a ssd replaces the use of a webcam.

and not being able to use your phone while using your webcam would not work for me atleast

Edited by Gclaw