Finally, a wireless mouse I can rely on

MarkSpurrell
I always stayed away from wireless mice because of the latency issues and connection problems, but after buying the G900 I'm all for wireless peripherals. Well, wireless mice anyway. I think keyboards still have a ways to go, but I ordered an Anne Pro so hopefully that'll surprise me too. What do you guys think? Is everyone here still on wired?

I did a review on the G900 which you can find below:

mqdefault.jpg

Tech Youtuber, Filmmaker, and Cinematographer.

I'm still using a wired mouse, but not because I don't want wireless, I really do....there just isn't an option that doesn't have a bunch of shortcomings. My ideal wireless mouse would be a G502 with the G603's HERO sensor. But that doesn't exist sadly.

I'd also love a wireless TKL keyboard, but not nearly as much as I want a wireless mouse. Plus backlighting and wireless don't really play nice, so a wireless keyboard isn't really all that practical yet. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I use a Logitech Performance MX wireless mouse and have been for years now.  If and when it ever dies, I'm going to replace it with another just like it.  It works great and I have NEVER had any problems with it.

I have a wireless keyboard, a logitech k750, I've found logitech wireless products to be really good. I mostly play rpgs where input lag isn't so much of an issue, but I haven't noticed any issues with it...

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

23 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

I'm still using a wired mouse, but not because I don't want wireless, I really do....there just isn't an option that doesn't have a bunch of shortcomings. My ideal wireless mouse would be a G502 with the G603's HERO sensor. But that doesn't exist sadly.

I'd also love a wireless TKL keyboard, but not nearly as much as I want a wireless mouse. Plus backlighting and wireless don't really play nice, so a wireless keyboard isn't really all that practical yet. 

Yeah I'd love a wireless TXL too, but there are very few options on the market unfortunately. Great opportunity for a company that wants to take on the challenge though (looking at you logitech).

17 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

I use a Logitech Performance MX wireless mouse and have been for years now.  If and when it ever dies, I'm going to replace it with another just like it.  It works great and I have NEVER had any problems with it.

I had a performance MX days before the g900. Had all sorts of stuttering and connection dropouts, no idea why.

17 minutes ago, geo3 said:

Let me know when they make one you don't have to charge and weighs less than 70g

The G603 is rated for 500 hours in gaming mode (1ms) and 18 months in non-gaming mode (8ms). So the G603 solves the battery issue. There's also the G903 and G703, which support wireless charging with their $100 powerplay mousepad (although the cost of the mousepad on top of the $100/$150 mouse is quite a turnoff). 

Weight is something that's unlikely to be solved in a mouse like the G603 due to the need for a battery, but a G703 is only 107g compared to the G Pro's 83g, so I'm sure a smaller 703 will eventually come out that will be closer to the 80g mark. 

G Pro - 116.6x62.15x38.2, 83g

G703 - 124x68x43, 107g

The 703 is about 10% bigger than a G Pro.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

3 minutes ago, MarkSpurrell said:

Yeah I'd love a wireless TXL too, but there are very few options on the market unfortunately. Great opportunity for a company that wants to take on the challenge though (looking at you logitech).

I had a performance MX days before the g900. Had all sorts of stuttering and connection dropouts, no idea why.

Sorry you had problems with your Performance MX mouse.  I'm sure that over the years I have abused the hell out of mine, not knowing how many times I have knocked it off the desk onto the floor.  I don't use a mouse pad with it either, seems just fine to go with the top of the desk without any problems.  Hope that you find what you're looking for.  Good Luck.

19 hours ago, kb5zue said:

Sorry you had problems with your Performance MX mouse.  I'm sure that over the years I have abused the hell out of mine, not knowing how many times I have knocked it off the desk onto the floor.  I don't use a mouse pad with it either, seems just fine to go with the top of the desk without any problems.  Hope that you find what you're looking for.  Good Luck.

Could have been a bad dongle or something. But yeah, I had a lot of problems with it. Loving the g900 though, no problems with it thus far.

On 12/4/2017 at 5:30 PM, djdwosk97 said:

The G603 is rated for 500 hours in gaming mode (1ms) and 18 months in non-gaming mode (8ms). So the G603 solves the battery issue. There's also the G903 and G703, which support wireless charging with their $100 powerplay mousepad (although the cost of the mousepad on top of the $100/$150 mouse is quite a turnoff). 

Weight is something that's unlikely to be solved in a mouse like the G603 due to the need for a battery, but a G703 is only 107g compared to the G Pro's 83g, so I'm sure a smaller 703 will eventually come out that will be closer to the 80g mark. 

G Pro - 116.6x62.15x38.2, 83g

G703 - 124x68x43, 107g

The 703 is about 10% bigger than a G Pro.

That powerpad is a neat idea, but it defeats the only purpose I bought a wireless mouse for. I want to hide all wires, not add new ones to the scene.

Welcome to the G900 club, I bought mine last December so I have had it for a year now, still going strong, great mouse.

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

4 hours ago, MarkSpurrell said:

That powerpad is a neat idea, but it defeats the only purpose I bought a wireless mouse for. I want to hide all wires, not add new ones to the scene.

I also wouldn't buy the powerplay mat, but more because of its price and its size (I like small mousepads -- 9x7~). But there are two main reasons to want a wireless mouse -- you don't want any wires (in which case the powerplay doesn't really solve anything, other than making the wire cleaner/shorter), or you want a more free mouse without having to have a bungie/excess wire (in which case the powerplay does solve the problem).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

I like the concept of the G900/903, but the shape isn't right for me.  Ideally, I would want a wireless version of G502. I love the shape and button layout, and the software is much more reliable for gaming than what I was previously using.

36 minutes ago, kingfurykiller said:

Ideally, I would want a wireless version of G502. I love the shape and button layout

You and me both, but Logitech sucks. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

23 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

Yeah.  Logitech Options working better in-game would be a nice alternative; then I could reliably game with my MX Master.

I just don't play enough FPS where the microseconds of input lag would make a difference that I could notice.

1 hour ago, djdwosk97 said:

Me three!

I just picked up the G903 and love it, but the G502 is a lot more like my old G700 I bought back in 2012, but more comfortable.

I have gotten so used to how light the G903 is though, so I am not so sure I could even go back to a bigger and heavier mouse :)

Desktop:

AMD Ryzen 7 @ 3.9ghz 1.35v w/ Noctua NH-D15 SE AM4 Edition

ASUS STRIX X370-F GAMING Motherboard

ASUS STRIX Radeon RX 5700XT

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 3200

Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME

2x4TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs

Corsair RM850X

Be Quiet Silent Base 800

Elgato HD60 Pro

Sceptre C305B-200UN Ultra Wide 2560x1080 200hz Monitor

Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum Keyboard

Logitech G903 Mouse

Oculus Rift CV1 w/ 3 Sensors + Earphones

Laptop:

Acer Nitro 5:

Intel Core I5-8300H

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 2666

Geforce GTX 1050ti 4GB

Intel 600p 256GB NVME

Seagate Firecuda 2TB SSHD

Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum

7 minutes ago, Jon Jon said:

I have gotten so used to how light the G903 is though, so I am not so sure I could even go back to a bigger and heavier mouse :)

I could probably get used to the ergonomics of the 903, but I still want my two left index finger buttons, my sniper button, and G603 battery life. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

I believe logitech offers the same wireless tech in a keyboard now so you should be in favour of it as well :P

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

2 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

I could probably get used to the ergonomics of the 903, but I still want my two left index finger buttons, my sniper button, and G603 battery life. 

They feel really nice on the G502 as well!

Desktop:

AMD Ryzen 7 @ 3.9ghz 1.35v w/ Noctua NH-D15 SE AM4 Edition

ASUS STRIX X370-F GAMING Motherboard

ASUS STRIX Radeon RX 5700XT

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 3200

Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME

2x4TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs

Corsair RM850X

Be Quiet Silent Base 800

Elgato HD60 Pro

Sceptre C305B-200UN Ultra Wide 2560x1080 200hz Monitor

Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum Keyboard

Logitech G903 Mouse

Oculus Rift CV1 w/ 3 Sensors + Earphones

Laptop:

Acer Nitro 5:

Intel Core I5-8300H

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 2666

Geforce GTX 1050ti 4GB

Intel 600p 256GB NVME

Seagate Firecuda 2TB SSHD

Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum

17 hours ago, kingfurykiller said:

I like the concept of the G900/903, but the shape isn't right for me.  Ideally, I would want a wireless version of G502. I love the shape and button layout, and the software is much more reliable for gaming than what I was previously using.

I like the shape of the 502, but I don't find it hard to get used to new mice so I don't mind the shape of the g900 either. The logitech gaming software is the best peripheral software I've used. Leagues ahead of Razer's garbage synapse.

15 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I believe logitech offers the same wireless tech in a keyboard now so you should be in favour of it as well :P

They do, yeah. But it's extremely expensive, has romer g switches (ew), no backlighting, and the huge palm rest is non-removable. So while I like the idea, poor execution imo.

2 hours ago, MarkSpurrell said:

I like the shape of the 502, but I don't find it hard to get used to new mice so I don't mind the shape of the g900 either. The logitech gaming software is the best peripheral software I've used. Leagues ahead of Razer's garbage synapse.

I've never used Synapse, but I was going to try to Roccat LEADR due to being a wireless gaming mouse with high button count and a thumbrest, until I found out that their software only supported 5 profiles.

Meanwhile, on Logitech's Gaming software, I can make mappings for every game I have. Much better.

2 hours ago, MarkSpurrell said:

The logitech gaming software is the best peripheral software I've used. Leagues ahead of Razer's garbage synapse.

Not needing any peripheral software is the best peripheral software I've ever used and I refuse to downgrade to anything else.

1 hour ago, kingfurykiller said:

I've never used Synapse, but I was going to try to Roccat LEADR due to being a wireless gaming mouse with high button count and a thumbrest, until I found out that their software only supported 5 profiles.

Meanwhile, on Logitech's Gaming software, I can make mappings for every game I have. Much better.

I don't like mice that have buttons next to the left & right click buttons. Actually, I don't really like the positioning of any of those buttons. I've had a roccat kova before and it wasn't all that impressive.

45 minutes ago, geo3 said:

Not needing any peripheral software is the best peripheral software I've ever used and I refuse to downgrade to anything else.

Some people have different reasonings for not wanting peripheral software. What's yours? Just curious.

I like being able to create macro profiles and lighting schemes for different games/software. That level of customization is nice.

40 minutes ago, MarkSpurrell said:

Some people have different reasonings for not wanting peripheral software. What's yours? Just curious.

I like being able to create macro profiles and lighting schemes for different games/software. That level of customization is nice.

Plug and play, portability, compatibility, doesn't waste system resources, 1 less thing to update, 1 less point of failure, functionality will never randomly change due to an update.

I don't really need macros and hate with a burning passion anything RGB.