Retro console repair

Themaddmax

Hey i have a old SNES (Pal) that currently not working i was wondering if any one knew any good people they have used in the past and would recommend, Im a Aussie so closer is better but if you know someone i can ship to or something. Like i could just buy one on ebay or a clone console but i just kinda want the one i had scene i was a kid fixed you know?

It turns on but i get no display.

Thanks

PS: not sure if this was the best place for posting the topic or not

CPU: Intel i7 3770K | MOBO: ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | RAM: G.Skill Ares 1866 32gb | GPU: EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4gb | STOR: Samsung 850 EVO 500gb, Samsung 960 EVO 250gb, Western Digital Black 2tb | CASE: NZXT Phantom 410 Black | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 Gold 850W | COOL: Corsair H100i v2 240mm |  OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64

When you say no display, what TV are you connecting it to? And how are you connecting it? Some modern TVs don't accept the lower resolution the SNES outputs. Or it might just be a dirty and/or corroded connector, in which case spray some electrical contactor cleaner on the connector and the cart pins, allow to dry and try again.

Probably best to ask a local retro game shop, they should know someone if they don't do it themselves.

32 minutes ago, Monkey Dust said:

When you say no display, what TV are you connecting it to? And how are you connecting it? Some modern TVs don't accept the lower resolution the SNES outputs. Or it might just be a dirty and/or corroded connector, in which case spray some electrical contactor cleaner on the connector and the cart pins, allow to dry and try again.

Probably best to ask a local retro game shop, they should know someone if they don't do it themselves.

I have tested it on a HD TV that works with my friends SNES so i know its not to do with that and strangely enough 1 of my games shows 1 image then fails to load any thing else while the rest don't give me anything (makes me think its not to do with the ports) and I am not in a mayor city so there isn't really one.

Thanks though.

CPU: Intel i7 3770K | MOBO: ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | RAM: G.Skill Ares 1866 32gb | GPU: EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4gb | STOR: Samsung 850 EVO 500gb, Samsung 960 EVO 250gb, Western Digital Black 2tb | CASE: NZXT Phantom 410 Black | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 Gold 850W | COOL: Corsair H100i v2 240mm |  OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64