Still free to upgrade?

Cotix
Go to solution Solved by ricksteendam1,
7 minutes ago, Cotix said:

Silly q. Im about to reinstall win on new HDD and I was wondering if I can spare my w10 key by installing 8.1 and then upgrading? I heard you could upgrade windows even after that promotion ended for free, anyone knows if it's still possible? Legit 8.1 pro key

if you make a windows 10 USB you can use the windows 8.1 code if you have upgrade it before 

Silly q. Im about to reinstall win on new HDD and I was wondering if I can spare my w10 key by installing 8.1 and then upgrading? I heard you could upgrade windows even after that promotion ended for free, anyone knows if it's still possible? Legit 8.1 pro key

I think it's still possible, you can always just give it a shot and see what happens :)

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

7 minutes ago, Cotix said:

if you make a windows 10 USB you can use the windows 8.1 code if you have upgrade it before 

ask me about your system builds, AIO's, CPU's, PSU's, and GPU's.

15 minutes ago, Cotix said:

Just get Windows 10 installer on USB and try to use 8.1 cause it worked for me, if it doesn't u can always buy Win10 key for $5 on ebay.

Look for windows 10 compatability upgrade, you can still use the regular upgrade process to do it that way.

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂