Do I need to reinstall?

kelvinhall05

So as some of you may know, I bought a new CPU, motherboard, and RAM for an excellent price, but I need to transfer some of my existing hardware. The problem is, I don't really want to reinstall Windows. The question is, would I have to? The motherboard is an Asus Sabertooth X58 board and the CPU is an i7-950. Thanks!

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

you have it backed up?

never let fear stand in the way of your terror. 

If you like anything I write feel free to quote and pass it on

however, if you disagree with me and have a strong opinion.....better be riding a fast horse

It isn't recommended. Windows 10 is getting better at switching core hardware around but it isn't perfect. You have a high chance of getting an unstable system.

I personally would just reinstall windows.

and they just had a HUGE update i would spend the 60-80 bucks for an ssd and have that as a boot

however, if you disagree with me and have a strong opinion.....better be riding a fast horse

Just now, bigjohnthescot said:

and they just had a HUGE update i would spend the 60-80 bucks for an ssd and have that as a boot

Meh, maybe. I think my HDD is fine, but OK. I'll think about it.

5 minutes ago, bigjohnthescot said:

you have it backed up?

No, I don't. The absolute most I could do is put some cat gifs and game mods on a flash drive and hope that works.

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

:P

14 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

So as some of you may know, I bought a new CPU, motherboard, and RAM for an excellent price, but I need to transfer some of my existing hardware. The problem is, I don't really want to reinstall Windows. The question is, would I have to? The motherboard is an Asus Sabertooth X58 board and the CPU is an i7-950. Thanks!

When I went from FM2 to AM3 I plugged my Hard drive in and it worked fine so I don't see why yours would be different, I suggest backing up the drive just incase but it should work without any issues.

22 minutes ago, <Aleks> said:

When I went from FM2 to AM3 I plugged my Hard drive in and it worked fine so I don't see why yours would be different, I suggest backing up the drive just incase but it should work without any issues.

I only care about my mods and cat gifs.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈