Laptop for college

I'm looking for a slim aluminum laptop for college with great specs and i was looking at the razer blade stealth 12.5 4k and the asus zenbook ux300ua 13.3 qhd+ laptop but im not sure if these are good options or if theres better options. Any suggestions?

Please don't buy a Razer or at least not one with a 4K display.

4K on laptops is like lighting your battery and money on fire.

What are you using the laptop for?

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

Do not get the Razer Blade.it thermal throttles and if it breaks I wou;dn't want to wait for a year long RMA

Do you need to AutoCAD or something or is it just for taking notes

My life

15 minutes ago, XiiXii808 said:

I'm looking for a slim aluminum laptop for college with great specs and i was looking at the razer blade stealth 12.5 4k and the asus zenbook ux300ua 13.3 qhd+ laptop but im not sure if these are good options or if theres better options. Any suggestions?

Just a couple weeks ago I was looking at the same laptops (plus Dell XPS), but I went with a Surface Pro 4 Core M and it's actually fine for most things, the battery lasts me a little over 9 hours and the keyboard has good travel.

If that's not your style then go for the Zenbook, it's really light they claim to have good battery life and the keyboard is Ok to type on after you get used to it.

The Dell XPS is also a good choice, updated with the 8th gen Intel CPUs so the power is there, the screen is absolutely beautiful and it has a nice keyboard once you get used to the keys layout. 

The best thing to do is to go to your local PC World/Best Buy or whatever and try them or ask a friend that has one.

BTW what are you studying or what will you be doing on the laptop? 

The dell xps 13 or 15, mabey the LG gram, or a surface laptop, pro 4, or book

QUOTE ME TO SEE MY REPLY!:D

For a school laptop put gaming requirements at the bottom of your list. If you want game your much better off going with a cheap 500-600 desktop for gaming and a laptop for school. Gaming laptops are getting a little bit better, but they are expensive, larger, and have a significantly less battery life.

What are you studying? Will you need special software to run on your laptop? If so what are the hardware requirements?

Budget? What are your requirements?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128