What is a good simple compressor to get?

The Dragon

I'm looking for something that makes the loud stuff quiet and the quiet stuff louder and I've been told that is a compressor but I am very unsure which one to get. I have an AT2020 with a Behringer802 mixer, what is a good compressor that would go with that and where would i plug it in into my line?

CPU: some amd thing Motherboard: its black RAM: its memory thats for sure GPU: r7 260x Case: corsair spec 01 Storage: 1tb of it PSU: 430w, so many watts

Display: its asus Cooling: fans Keyboard: logitech g710+ #browns4lyfe Mouse: its a logitech Sound: its what you hear Operating System: winders  

Technically the compressor just makes loud things quieter and makeup gain makes the whole thing (quiet stuff included) louder, but I would imagine that component is built in...

anyway, I will tag along to see what people recommend and might or might not get one my self :ph34r:

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

4 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Technically the compressor just makes loud things quieter and makeup gain makes the whole thing (quiet stuff included) louder, but I would imagine that component is built in...

anyway, I will tag along to see what people recommend and might or might not get one my self :ph34r:

Is there any piece of equipment that works to level out audio

CPU: some amd thing Motherboard: its black RAM: its memory thats for sure GPU: r7 260x Case: corsair spec 01 Storage: 1tb of it PSU: 430w, so many watts

Display: its asus Cooling: fans Keyboard: logitech g710+ #browns4lyfe Mouse: its a logitech Sound: its what you hear Operating System: winders  

7 minutes ago, The Dragon said:

Is there any piece of equipment that works to level out audio

Yes, a compressor is what you're looking for :P

I'm just explaining that little detail because strictly speaking a compressor by itself will only reduce your loud bits.  People tend to think it also boosts the soft parts but really that's a separate action.  I expect that function to be built into any "compressor" you buy, but it's a separate action.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

Yes, a compressor is what you're looking for :P

I'm just explaining that little detail because strictly speaking a compressor by itself will only reduce your loud bits.  People tend to think it also boosts the soft parts but really that's a separate action.  I expect that function to be built into any "compressor" you buy, but it's a separate action.

Okay! I get it now, by suppressing the loud parts you're able to turn the audio up so the soft parts are still heard.