Why does Europe still not possess as many technological product diversity as seen in the USA/Canada/China/South Korea, etc.?

Hey there all. I have not come across any truly conclusive explanation online or in the format of a video regarding the title of this topic :(!

With that said, can anyone explain, in a determinative way, why does the European Union still has such an inferior amount of diversification when it comes to technological gadgets (laptops, computers, accessories, televisions, washing\drying machines, smartphones, refridgerators, smart apparel, personal health equipment, etc.)?

Some say it is because of the regulations and directives of each country, but even that seems like a shallow conclusion. I think small wages have an impact or is the value of the currency in use perceived as inferior (or something related to the Union's economical problems and austerity measures in some countries)?

Nobody really gives me a complete answer and i was really curious if anyone could explain this in detail whilst remaining comprehensible. Thanks for any replies.

Groomlake Authority

4 hours ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Hey there all. I have not come across any truly conclusive explanation online or in the format of a video regarding the title of this topic :(!

With that said, can anyone explain, in a determinative way, why does the European Union still has such an inferior amount of diversification when it comes to technological gadgets (laptops, computers, accessories, televisions, washing\drying machines, smartphones, refridgerators, smart apparel, personal health equipment, etc.)?

Some say it is because of the regulations and directives of each country, but even that seems like a shallow conclusion. I think small wages have an impact or is the value of the currency in use perceived as inferior (or something related to the Union's economical problems and austerity measures in some countries)?

Nobody really gives me a complete answer and i was really curious if anyone could explain this in detail whilst remaining comprehensible. Thanks for any replies.

Nearly all technology is centralized in Silicon Valley.

What exactly do mean with "technological diversity"?
Do you mean the sheer amount of products available or do you mean the the over all quality of the products?I

One answer could be that the perceived market is a lot smaller than the US.

The EU is, unlike the US, not a single entity so a lot of non-EU manufacturers tend market heavily towards one or two of the larger entities (Germany, France, the UK, etc.) and the smaller entities are just a bonus.

This is also not helped by the fact that the Euro isn't a universal currency, creating further gaps in the market.

The EU is also rather young when compared to the US, meaning that a more singular consumerist culture has had a shorter time to develop.

Products that might fly off the shelves in Spain might lay dormant in Sweden.

This has also helped create some very strong local brands that are well-known and well-liked in a country (or maybe even a region), but are totally unknown outside of that country.

Honestly, this is just pure speculation.

it's pretty hard to make a qualified analysis without any concrete data.

Do you have any data to back up your question or is it based purely on your own observation?

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

42 minutes ago, Volbet said:

-snip-

Thanks for the answer. I meant the amount of products available, yes. Just my observation, but when I search for certain products in specific online websites (targeted towards European/Global markets) or even local stores, whilst  questioning if they can find a proper supplier to that certain product, they are, very rarely, capable of receiving that item by any means.

Groomlake Authority