Experimental Peltire Cooler

So i have been doing some research on the Peltier Element Cooling as a cpu cooling method. So far it have two sides, one side that can go up to -30 deg C the other side up to 70 de C. The material is ceramic. It operate up to 12V and draws between 50-60W at 4.3-4.6 Amps. I was thinking of mounting it under under the cup water block be putting the cold part to the cpu and the hot part to the block for cooling. Then i thnk about condensation, so i came up with another plan to create a cooling unit using 2 RAM block or two cpu water block from ebay ($17 each) sandwich the Peltire between. It does require two loop though, like a cheap small one for the hot side. 

Does anyone have any idea to add or concern I should keep in mind, it would really help.

I saw this video also...

s-l1600.jpg

cpu.jpg

peltier elements are too inneficient to be viable cooling really, its drawing 60W, thast 60W more you need to cool + the extra heat from going sub ambient

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

peltier elements are too inneficient to be viable cooling really, its drawing 60W, thast 60W more you need to cool + the extra heat from going sub ambient

explain what you ment by inneficient. keep in mind its not the primary cooling method of the loop. I just want to run an experiment of creating a small cooling unit that can be apart of the loop. if it dont work I can just remove it from the loop.

20170916_095005 (2).jpg

2 hours ago, xiiijamaican said:

explain what you ment by inneficient. keep in mind its not the primary cooling method of the loop. I just want to run an experiment of creating a small cooling unit that can be apart of the loop. if it dont work I can just remove it from the loop.

so you want to cool the water? sure that could work, unless you end up freezing it. generally when people talk about peltiers they imagine slapping it to the IHS cold side to the IHS disapateing the heat from a massive heatsink, doing it that way is no good seeing as your heatsink has to be MASSIVE to be any benefit over just any standard air tower and they quickly become expensive too. every watt they draw, is another watt you need to dissepate.

awesome looking build though, love the bends :D 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

3 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

so you want to cool the water? sure that could work, unless you end up freezing it. generally when people talk about peltiers they imagine slapping it to the IHS cold side to the IHS disapateing the heat from a massive heatsink, doing it that way is no good seeing as your heatsink has to be MASSIVE to be any benefit over just any standard air tower and they quickly become expensive too. every watt they draw, is another watt you need to dissepate.

awesome looking build though, love the bends :D 

I look into the freezing part and to prevent that am going to use this thermostat. Kind of like what this guy does 

That way I can prevent freezing. Its just a matter of coming up with a design.

tt.jpg

1 minute ago, xiiijamaican said:

I look into the freezing part and to prevent that am going to use this thermostat. Kind of like what this guy does 

That way I can prevent freezing. Its just a matter of coming up with a design.

id strap the peltier to a block then and add that in to the loop, and a heatsink on the other side with a fan preferably

Builds:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

id strap the peltier to a block then and add that in to the loop, and a heatsink on the other side with a fan preferably

Thats what i am going to do, I got this heatsink for $2 each, so I am going to use this, the cpu water block. use a drill to create mounting holes for the cpu block. I have some corsair SP 2530 RPM fan like whats on my rad, or I can design it over my bottom rad so that the air from the rad cools the heatsink

heat.jpg

Just now, xiiijamaican said:

Thats what i am going to do, I got this heatsink for $2 each, so I am going to use this, the cpu water block. use a drill to create mounting holes for the cpu block. I have some corsair SP 2530 RPM fan like whats on my rad, or I can design it over my bottom rad so that the air from the rad cools the heatsink

well im not sure how many watts of heat you want to remove from the system, but that heatsink could easely end up being way, waaay to small. i was thinking something like this:

Bildresultat för cpu heatsink

Builds:

Spoiler

well im not sure how many watts of heat you want to remove from the system, but that heatsink could easely end up being way, waaay to small. i was thinking something like this:

Bildresultat för cpu heatsink

these are my idle temp, so i dont think i will be removing much, but when i start overclocking thats may change.

photo_2017-12-01_14-53-51.jpg

these are my idle temp, so i dont think i will be removing much, but when i start overclocking thats may change.

photo_2017-12-01_14-53-51.jpg

ambiant temps dont really matter much, those are about what mine are as well, what matters is max load temp :P load that sucker up with some Furmark and P95 or IBT and they are going to go up quite a noticable amount ya know xD 

Builds:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

ambiant temps dont really matter much, those are about what mine are as well, what matters is max load temp :P load that sucker up with some Furmark and P95 or IBT and they are going to go up quite a noticable amount ya know xD 

I have Aida64

I have Aida64

sure, that kicks of CPU heat, get some game running and go somewhere intensive as well. basically just get everything as loaded up as possible and see what the temps are, then you will see that there is quite a lot more heat you need to remove xD 

Builds:

Spoiler

9 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

sure, that kicks of CPU heat, get some game running and go somewhere intensive as well. basically just get everything as loaded up as possible and see what the temps are, then you will see that there is quite a lot more heat you need to remove xD 

5 minutes in, this is what am getting and its not going any higher.

photo_2017-12-01_15-08-22.jpg

5 minutes in, this is what am getting and its not going any higher.

you sure that the pump is pumping m8? that seems pretty damn high for a quadcore at stock, under a custom loop... i was bellow that, running 5GHz on my I7 4790K at 1.4V

Builds:

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

you sure that the pump is pumping m8? that seems pretty damn high for a quadcore at stock, under a custom loop... i was bellow that, running 5GHz on my I7 4790K at 1.4V

It is just not at full speed. The PWM cable is disconnected, have not connect it back yet

5 minutes ago, xiiijamaican said:

It is just not at full speed. The PWM cable is disconnected, have not connect it back yet

well, i hope you drop like 20c once you do xD what CPU is that? 7700K? anyway the water cooling might be really nice if you can make it look decent, but i wouldnt expect amazing gains

Builds:

Spoiler

12 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

well, i hope you drop like 20c once you do xD what CPU is that? 7700K? anyway the water cooling might be really nice if you can make it look decent, but i wouldnt expect amazing gains

no 6700K

no 6700K

same chip basically :P anyway a delid would do wonders for those temps probably, and is a lot less work. but doing this is more fun :D nothing says you cant do both too! anyway you are going to need to remove quite a bit of heat from that fluid with the peltier element, enough for it to be a segnificant draw from the PSU so check that you have enough watts before you start going wild with it too

Builds:

Spoiler

same chip basically :P anyway a delid would do wonders for those temps probably, and is a lot less work. but doing this is more fun :D nothing says you cant do both too! anyway you are going to need to remove quite a bit of heat from that fluid with the peltier element, enough for it to be a segnificant draw from the PSU so check that you have enough watts before you start going wild with it too

I may get a bigger psu, cause when gaming or game Dev my Titan X pulls a lot

5 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

so I check my bios setting and my pump and fan curve is set to increase only if my cpu hits 70 Deg C. so i think if i lower it the temp can improve 

I may get a bigger psu, cause when gaming or game Dev my Titan X pulls a lot

what are you using right now? id say you should get a 650W or 750W unit of good quality tbh

so I check my bios setting and my pump and fan curve is set to increase only if my cpu hits 70 Deg C. so i think if i lower it the temp can improve 

i have mine just running at max at all times, my pump at least dosent make much in the the way of noise

Builds:

Spoiler

12 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

what are you using right now? id say you should get a 650W or 750W unit of good quality tbh

i have mine just running at max at all times, my pump at least dosent make much in the the way of noise

i have a 750W, yea i know the pump dont make much noise. I may do that.

9 minutes ago, xiiijamaican said:

i have a 750W, yea i know the pump dont make much noise. I may do that.

then you have enough power for this, no worries. id do it to keep the temps down tbh

Builds:

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

then you have enough power for this, no worries. id do it to keep the temps down tbh

thats the plan

2 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

idle and load after i connect the pwm connector

reading.jpg

reading2.jpg