750D questions

Go to solution Solved by topsu,

In the 5.25 bays? haha i dont know :P

Oh I didn't know you could put them there. :D Thanks for info :)

For anyone who has watercooled in a 750D can you tell me if a 170mm long tube res would look to short in behind the 5.25 drive bays and if so can a 270mm long res fit

Also, I plan to mount 2 radiators, one 360mm in the roof and one 240mm on the floor, can I mount a HDD cage to the bottom of the 5.25 drive bays or does it need to sit ontop of another drive cage?

post-44526-0-65509600-1386677387_thumb.p

Not sure if that clears up what I'm asking or not but hopefully someone can make sense of it.

Also, would the radiator be better in the front or on the floor, I like the look of it on the floor better but if I get much better performance in the front then i may go for that

No matter what, you're going to need a pump.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

are there proper mounting spots behind the HDD cage?

Aselwyn1

are there proper mounting spots behind the HDD cage?

I dont believe so, I was just going to use alot of double sided tape

or 

I dont believe so, I was just going to use alot of double sided tape

Zip ties are also your friend. even Linus has zip-ties in his streaming PC for the WAN show

Aselwyn1

You can attach the hdd cage below the 5.25" drive bays.

And floor and front rad placings should be both about equal effective unless you go for 2x140mm front.

Curing shitposts by shitposts

You can attach the hdd cage below the 5.25" drive bays.

And floor and front rad placings should be both about equal effective unless you go for 2x140mm front.

I have been wondering this for a little while now, is it possible to have both a rad on the floor and on the front in the 750D?

current system:  i5 2500k @4.5ghz cooled by antec 620 - asrock z77 extreme 4 - 8gb corsair RAM - MSI Twin Frorz 7950 in crossfire - XFX 850w  - Fractal design R4 - samsung 840 120gb ssd - 500gb wd blue hdd - 1440p korean qnix monitor (love it!)

Thanks for all your help guys, only thing im not sure of is if I should get the 170 or 270mm rad now :/

I have been wondering this for a little while now, is it possible to have both a rad on the floor and on the front in the 750D?

And I dont believe you would be able to, maybe if you take out the 5.25 bay? just think it would be way to tight

Good question, I will get my good ol' ruler out and measure it after school today. :P

Also I belive it would atleast fit with slim rad at bottom.

Curing shitposts by shitposts

For anyone who has watercooled in a 750D can you tell me if a 170mm long tube res would look to short in behind the 5.25 drive bays and if so can a 270mm long res fit

Also, I plan to mount 2 radiators, one 360mm in the roof and one 240mm on the floor, can I mount a HDD cage to the bottom of the 5.25 drive bays or does it need to sit ontop of another drive cage?

Not sure if that clears up what I'm asking or not but hopefully someone can make sense of it.

Also, would the radiator be better in the front or on the floor, I like the look of it on the floor better but if I get much better performance in the front then i may go for that

the photon 270 is 13" (330mm) long with pump attached. considering the case is

20.75" interior tall, it'll prolly be a bit big (will find out when i get my case back out).

your upper radiator could be the Alphacool XT45 360 or the EK XT 360 (45mm) and

the lower 240 can be any (to match) for keeping the air noise down under load. using

the PWM SP fans would help as they can get into a low rpm over the standard SP fans.

this will keep the temperatures low and not having jet take-off noise for fans.

could be thicker, depending on motherboard and 8-pin CPU power location.

the photon 270 is 13" (330mm) long with pump attached. considering the case is

20.75" interior tall, it'll prolly be a bit big (will find out when i get my case back out).

your upper radiator could be the Alphacool XT45 360 or the EK XT 360 (45mm) and

the lower 240 can be any (to match) for keeping the air noise down under load. using

the PWM SP fans would help as they can get into a low rpm over the standard SP fans.

this will keep the temperatures low and not having jet take-off noise for fans.

could be thicker, depending on motherboard and 8-pin CPU power location.

I think i may stick with the 170mm then, dont want a res going from roof to floor almost

as for the radiators, i was thinking a 30mm in the top and something thicker in the floor just to keep as much head room with fans attached as possible, or is a 45mm rad with SP fans on them thin enough in the roof?

and as for a mobo im still undecided (last item before i purchase my build) so i cant give any details there :(

I think i may stick with the 170mm then, dont want a res going from roof to floor almost

as for the radiators, i was thinking a 30mm in the top and something thicker in the floor just to keep as much head room with fans attached as possible, or is a 45mm rad with SP fans on them thin enough in the roof?

and as for a mobo im still undecided (last item before i purchase my build) so i cant give any details there

60mm has its problems (motherboard dependent) with a single fans set. the 45mm

is the next best thing to use. the 30mm is pretty much shortening your thermal

control. the 360 is your main support and the 240 is the headroom buffer. i would

not switch those duties or you'll end up with higher than normal fan speeds or temperatures.

I'm going to do the same 750D watercoolled build with a 780 and 3770K with the same size rads. I was going to put a 360mm in the top and a 240 in the front. Ill remove the 1st hdd bay, you may want to think about that because you wont have to use the ties. As for the res I got a 250mm so I hope it fits. Im mounting the rad in the front for looks and since I have to keep it on the floor dust filtering.

60mm has its problems (motherboard dependent) with a single fans set. the 45mm

is the next best thing to use. the 30mm is pretty much shortening your thermal

control. the 360 is your main support and the 240 is the headroom buffer. i would

not switch those duties or you'll end up with higher than normal fan speeds or temperatures.

so you would go 45mm for both the top 360 and bottom 240?

I'm going to do the same 750D watercoolled build with a 780 and 3770K with the same size rads. I was going to put a 360mm in the top and a 240 in the front. Ill remove the 1st hdd bay, you may want to think about that because you wont have to use the ties. As for the res I got a 250mm so I hope it fits.

Do you have to tie the HDD cage to mount it up higher?

Do you have to tie the HDD cage to mount it up higher?

I got a XT45 360mm for the top and a UT30 240mm for the front.

https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/19L9iLnRZBQkDMKXy5K3iRR-ub74R-pWJvKth0QuxPPM/edit

A link to my probable build

Thanks. Thats what I would say too. Do you already have the res and pump?

Nah I havent purchased anything for my build yet, thinking of getting everything other then the gpu as I cant afford to watercool that yet anyway then in 2-3 weeks time buy a new GPU with the watercooling etc

Nah I havent purchased anything for my build yet, thinking of getting everything other then the gpu as I cant afford to watercool that yet anyway then in 2-3 weeks time buy a new GPU with the watercooling etc

Ok. Then if you dont want to worry about mounting a tube res you may want to get an xspc res pump combo. If you are going to remove both hdd bays you can put almost any size rad in the front or bottom but I wouldnt go above 45mm thick in the top.

id put the biggest you can in the roof (motherboard willing) and 60mm on the

floor/front intake. this will support a CPU/2x GPU with overclocking and hold

65° CPU/35-55° GPU and 1000-1200rpm fan speeds under heavy load.

the 45mm can do the same, but under long heavy loaded usage the fan speed

will eventually need increasing to compensate for the higher temperatures.

id put the biggest you can in the roof (motherboard willing) and 60mm on the

floor/front intake. this will support a CPU/2x GPU with overclocking and hold

65° CPU/35-55° GPU and 1000-1200rpm fan speeds under heavy load.

the 45mm can do the same, but under long heavy loaded usage the fan speed

will eventually need increasing to compensate for the higher temperatures.

Would a XT45 360mm and UT30 240 accomodate a gpu and cpu with overclocking?

Would a XT45 360mm and UT30 240 accomodate a gpu and cpu with overclocking?

single GPU, yes. moderate overclocking for low speed fan control. depending on

your tolerance to fan noise, possibly higher. the thinner rads work well on shorter

duration usages. or they tend to take any headroom and heat soak unless adequate

fan flow is provided (more fan speed). it is always a challenge on radiator usage,

but easy rule of thumb, thickest you can use without obstruction, interferences, or

shear case demolition. generally a CPU/GPU can use a 360x 60, but fans will have

move some air to keep from teetering on high (uncomfortable) temperatures (especially

overclocked) to keep a low-level fan noise tolerance. so an extra 240 will provide

needed headroom for obtaining low fan speed. so most tend to jack the overclock up

because of the extra cooling and find out quickly that 5°-10° might have really been

a consideration on initial purchase.