Htc vive vs oculus rift (rift with 4 sensors is the same price)

I have a pretty small play area (about 3m x 4m) and the htc vive with 2 lighthouses/sensors is about the same price as the rift with 4 sensors. also my pc (R3 1200 OC to 3.8GHZ, 16gb ram and an RX 580 dual by asus) matches the oculus minimum/recommended specs better

On 11/30/2017 at 6:40 PM, dave3818 said:

So... What was the question?

the question is HTC Vive or Oculus Rift 

The rest is for context

I have an Oculus rift with 3 sensors and I am really enjoying the experience if that helps at all.

I have a R9 290 (almost same performance as a 580) and a r5 1600 at stock speeds and I can run VR games just fine. 

1 thing i have to say about the rift vs the Vive is currently the rift touch controllers are way better than the vive ones, the actual joysticks vs the touch pads are wwaaaaayyyyyy better for moving around in games. however some of the games in steam do not work very well with the rift as they are optimized for the vive.

i also have an oculus rift with 2 sensors and its amazing

i mostly use it for project cars but i have a few games with hand controller which are amazing.

i use a slightly smaller space and have punched a few things when i in a game so make sure things aren't in the way

On 12/2/2017 at 8:09 AM, JORDANB said:

the question is HTC Vive or Oculus Rift 

The rest is for context

I have the htc vive and i can't be more happier with the quality and everything else.!