does contrast ratio make a huge difference?

Mr.Sir

i deciding on whether to get a VA 3000:1 1440p or a TN 1000:1 4k both have 1.07bil display colors

I have a 3000:1 VA and I swear it is noticeably better for that

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

3 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

is it worth $150 the one im looking at is the C27HG70 and the other is the U28H750

26 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

It's not the C27HG70, but TFT Central did a review on the 32-inch model. Judging from their contrast report, you're looking a lower black level. Though at 0.17 cd/m^2 on it vs. say 0.29 cd/m^2 on my ASUS PG279Q, I'm not sure how much this really matters.

I wish I had a similar but TN monitor to compare to... I feel like my black level is so nice but it's sort of in a vacuum... I mean obviously I've seen other monitors before but I can't conclusively say whether it's actually as big of a deal as it seems or not.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

44 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Thats nice to hear, I ordered a VA panel a few days ago and one of the reasons for my choice was the 3000:1 contrast (the other one is that it is curved). 

Never saw one in person, but I guessed that it would make a good difference since its going from 1:1000 to 1:3000

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.