G410

Viesulis

Does it feel mechanical? 

I've read that it feels like it's a mix between membrane and mechanical. 

This would be my first mechanical keyboard so is it good? 

It uses Romer-G mechanical switches and since there is no norm on how "mechanical feels" and it is basically only indicated by if the switch is mechanical or not.. Yes it feels mechanical. But it doesn't feel like a Cherry MX blue, neither does a Razer Yellow switch feel like an MX Blue. Doesn't make one more or less mechanical than another.

Aaaanyways, some more helpful info:

The Romer-G switches use a mechanical and membrane switch in one, according to them this prolongs the life span of the key in general, because of the dual mechanism. It feels somewhat like a lighter MX Red (if that was even possible) without the weird 'mushy' feeling I personally have with that switch because it getting heavier the more you push it down. I don't feel an actuation point, like you would on a Cherry MX Blue or Brown, or even Razer Green, which causes me to still bottom out the keys when typing (only used it for a little bit when testing, no full time user of it).

I personally do not like the feel of this switch, the keycaps from Logitech at all (plus no one makes third party Romer G switches.. So getting replacements is not an option), plus I don't like the overstated gamer look. I don't like the keyboard, but if you feel the opposite about all these points.. It's a great keyboard for you!

The TKL form factor is nice, but if you are looking for some other options, I highly recommend the Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S, which for a similar price also has RGB and Cherry MX Blue, Brown or Red options. No wrist rest though.

Otherwise the K65 from Corsair could be an option, if you're okay with Cherry MX Reds (it also has a wrist rest!), Logitech also makes keyboards with not-garbage keycaps and Cherry MX Browns, the Logitech G Pro. 

But in the end, it's all very personal. I highly recommend you try out some of the different switches before deciding what is best for you.

EDIT: nvm, the Logitech G Pro is also Romer-G. Was thinking of the G610.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 minutes ago, Minibois said:

It uses Romer-G mechanical switches and since there is no norm on how "mechanical feels" and it is basically only indicated by if the switch is mechanical or not.. Yes it feels mechanical. But it doesn't feel like a Cherry MX blue, neither does a Razer Yellow switch feel like an MX Blue. Doesn't make one more or less mechanical than another.

Aaaanyways, some more helpful info:

The Romer-G switches use a mechanical and membrane switch in one, according to them this prolongs the life span of the key in general, because of the dual mechanism. It feels somewhat like a lighter MX Red (if that was even possible) without the weird 'mushy' feeling I personally have with that switch because it getting heavier the more you push it down. I don't feel an actuation point, like you would on a Cherry MX Blue or Brown, or even Razer Green, which causes me to still bottom out the keys when typing (only used it for a little bit when testing, no full time user of it).

I personally do not like the feel of this switch, the keycaps from Logitech at all (plus no one makes third party Romer G switches.. So getting replacements is not an option), plus I don't like the overstated gamer look. I don't like the keyboard, but if you feel the opposite about all these points.. It's a great keyboard for you!

The TKL form factor is nice, but if you are looking for some other options, I highly recommend the Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S, which for a similar price also has RGB and Cherry MX Blue, Brown or Red options. No wrist rest though.

Otherwise the K65 from Corsair could be an option, if you're okay with Cherry MX Reds (it also has a wrist rest!), Logitech also makes keyboards with not-garbage keycaps and Cherry MX Browns, the Logitech G Pro. 

But in the end, it's all very personal. I highly recommend you try out some of the different switches before deciding what is best for you.

I was looking at it because it's logitech (like my mouse and headset) has rgb and is mechanical. 

3 minutes ago, Viesulis said:

I was looking at it because it's logitech (like my mouse and headset) has rgb and is mechanical. 

As I said, you're gonna have to try the keyboard to form you own opinion, I can only give you my own and I was not impressed with the Logitech G410. 

They keycaps and keyswitches are not to my liking, but this is highly personal, you might feel otherwise. 

Also, the biggest advantage you get with having the same brand peripherals is having one program to control them all.. And I guess brand cohesion.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/