removing os from HD

dtleonard

I have a Samsung 450GB harddrive that has win7 on it and I'd like to use the drive with another drive that also has win7 

I would like to remove win7 completely off of the drive but keep all other files

Is this possible?

Thanks for you help

Manually partition the 450GB drive into 2, copy the files you want to the other partition, delete the partition that has Windows on it would be my guess.

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

Samsung should have data migration software that come with their SSDs, otherwise im not 100% sure.

If you get a hold of a us hard drive enclosure then you can plug it in as an external after booting off another drive and format it from there. If you can't find a hold of that then a slightly more difficult method is to install Linux on a flash drive, boot from that, and then format the hard drive from Linux.

My rig: 2600k(4.2 GHz) w/ Cooler Master hyper 212+, Gigabyte Z68-UD3H-B3, Powercolor 7870 xt(1100/1500) w/AIO mod,

8GB DDR3 1600, 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K SSD, 1TB Seagate, Antec earthwatts 430, NZXT H2

Verified max overclock, just for kicks: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2609399