Microsoft boasts 50% faster Hard Drive in Xbox One X versus Standard Xbox One

AlTech

Good to see improvements but 50% more than crap is still not very good.

When I read that headline, all I see is "<some ISP> boasts 50% faster dialup with new service plan" xD

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

14 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Good to see improvements but 50% more than crap is still not very good.

When I read that headline, all I see is "<some ISP> boasts 50% faster dialup with new service plan" xD

Honestly, I don't know why MS didn't push OEM's for 7200RPM 1TB HDD-the improved access time alone would make the XboneX feel faster, let alone the improved data rates (which would have to surpass 120MB-140MB/sec sustained to beat my 2010 2.5" 500GB HDD)

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

13 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

Honestly, I don't know why MS didn't push OEM's for 7200RPM 1TB HDD-the improved access time alone would make the XboneX feel faster, let alone the improved data rates (which would have to surpass 120MB-140MB/sec sustained to beat my 2010 2.5" 500GB HDD)

The real solution is a) stop using slow noisy optical media, and b) have an SSD internally rather than a HDD.  I realize that it's not realistic given the price, but this would solve the speed issues xD

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

13 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

The real solution is a) stop using slow noisy optical media, and b) have an SSD internally rather than a HDD.  I realize that it's not realistic given the price, but this would solve the speed issues xD

I would also love to have all flash storage in my server and have it take up a quarter of the space and require less cooling and power, but unfortunately, SSDs are still quite expensive. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

1 hour ago, Dabombinable said:

Its still similar to CMT (2x ALU, 1x FPU per module for a total of 4 modules) but actually a bit worse. Bobcat itself was still produced since 2011 (Jaguar is from 2013). And its still shit.

Edit: BTW explain how Trinity and Richland manages to run at low power in thin laptops.

That's not CMT . Here's a block diagram of a bobcat core:

Bobcat-diagram.png

there are 2 ALU's as noted , as well as an FP unit . but that's not  CMT . That's superscalar . bobcat is a 2-issue design.

Bulldozer's CMT modules had 2 narrow superscalar ALU's , which share cache , front end and decoders . The end result is that they can share hardware , but process two independent threads . The bobcat core , while being superscalar , uses a single(dual) x86 decoder. It cannot execute multiple threads of instructions , only 1 . Bulldozer's implementation exploited TLP AND ILP . bobcat just exploites ILP.

Also , it was arguably a better core than bulldozer because it met it's targets and was a good competitor , while making AMD money.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

1 hour ago, Dabombinable said:

2x ALU. 1x FPU (the part that is used most in games)-the difference is the lack of resource sharing.

Be that as it may: isn't Bulldozer and AMD did work with the FPU to make it beefier. Also, that's one FPU per core. Bulldozer had one per two cores. It's not really comparable. Besides, it was always meant to be a low power design, not high performance.