Which console to collect for?

Fadednova
1 minute ago, Technicolors said:

last-gen consoles or Nintendo 

I am currently deciding on gamecube or n64 which one do you think I should collect for

4 minutes ago, Fadedboy said:

I want to start collecting video games what is a good console to start on?

a console you like.

or is this solely for profit? if it's for profit than usually the most expensive consoles and games are the best place to start such as arcade cabinets.

1 minute ago, emosun said:

a console you like.

or is this solely for profit? if it's for profit than usually the most expensive consoles and games are the best place to start such as arcade cabinets.

Nah for a hobby

Just now, Fadedboy said:

Nah for a hobby

ok well usually hobbies involve things you like.... So pick a console you like , and collect for it.

or you can break the mold and pick a console you dont like at all and collect for it. whatever floats your boat

Pick a console you like, that is the most fun to collect for.

I personally collect for the PS2, the GameCube (not hardcore though) and the different GameBoy generations. Also I like to get the most fun games for the DS. This is because I grew up with these consoles/handhelds and love playing them.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

28 minutes ago, Minibois said:

Pick a console you like, that is the most fun to collect for.

I personally collect for the PS2, the GameCube (not hardcore though) and the different GameBoy generations. Also I like to get the most fun games for the DS. This is because I grew up with these consoles/handhelds and love playing them.

I am probably going to collect for ds and gamecube

10 minutes ago, Fadedboy said:

I am probably going to collect for ds and gamecube

Cool!

Do you have either system already? Because that is of course an important part of playing the games.

For DS games, the best system IMO would be the DS Lite (but one where the DPad is still alright) or maybe a 3DS, but rather a DS Lite because the Dpad location is better + no weird scaling on the screen.

FOr GameCube games, the GameCube console and Wii are both options, but sadly the GameCube component cables (as opposed to standard red, white, yellow composite) are a lot more expensive.. And Wii component cables are available for a normal price, so that is recommend for a higher quality image. But you also have the GameBoy player, which might just be a compelling reason to go with the cube.

Furthermore controllers, just go for the original controllers. It might be worth it to take it apart to clean it (that is surprisingly easy to do) and maybe even change out the sticks (which are like 2 USD off Aliexpress).

Furthermore, try to get some good deals on both systems, bulk sales usually get the best prices and any duplicates you can resell or use as trade material. Flea markets and thrift shops are my favorite places to get stuff, but second hand gameshops or auction sites (think eBay and such) can have some decent deals too.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/