Any way to increase sharpness on Windows (browser)?

VG Docs

I looked in the Nvidia control panel but couldn't find it for the desktop (only video playback). It may sound odd but it'd really help me if I could find something that increases the sharpness level on the desktop rather than screenshotting and putting it through a picture viewer to edit it and increase the sharpness there.

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

In Windows settings the is a section on displays.

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.

2 minutes ago, King_of_Oz said:

In Windows settings the is a section on displays.

Where? I'm in the display settings now and it's not even searchable (with the search bar).

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

Why do you feel the need to increase sharpness?  Sharpening is used on photos to try to rectify a lack of sharpness but a screenshot is an entirely digital source which is already perfectly sharp... any alterations would just make it looks worse.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

4 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Why do you feel the need to increase sharpness?  Sharpening is used on photos to try to rectify a lack of sharpness but a screenshot is an entirely digital source which is already perfectly sharp... any alterations would just make it looks worse.

I agree and I understand all of this but it can make already blurry text genuinely more legible if there's little separation between them. I tested it out on text that I need to copy for my job and it makes it easier to see how many 0s (if there are multiple in a row) there are and makes it easier to tell how tall (for example) a lower case L is so I can determine that it is indeed an L and not an upper case i. 

3 minutes ago, Trogdor8freebird said:

I agree and I understand all of this but it can make already blurry text genuinely more legible if there's little separation between them. I tested it out on text that I need to copy for my job and it makes it easier to see how many 0s (if there are multiple in a row) there are and makes it easier to tell how tall (for example) a lower case L is so I can determine that it is indeed an L and not an upper case i. 

But where in the Windows interface is there blurry text?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

But where in the Windows interface is there blurry text?

It's not the windows interface. The reason why I mentioned in the title is because if I can find a sharpness effect to work on Windows as a whole, it'll work in the browser I use as well. Either way we're getting quite off track and no closer to an answer so, sorry if this is rude but I probably won't reply again unless there's an actual solution as I'm also trying to simultaneously work.

Just now, Trogdor8freebird said:

It's not the windows interface. The reason why I mentioned in the title is because if I can find a sharpness effect to work on Windows as a whole, it'll work in the browser I use as well. Either way we're getting quite off track and no closer to an answer so, sorry if this is rude but I probably won't reply again unless there's an actual solution as I'm also trying to simultaneously work.

oh, that makes more sense... so you just want to be able to have everything you look at (presumably images of scanned documents and so on) "pre-sharpened".

Interesting idea, I don't think this has come up before.  I'm not aware of a way to add that in Windows but your graphics driver software might offer an option, and in addition, your monitor itself might as well.  I would check both of those.

15 minutes ago, Trogdor8freebird said:

setup a xml printer then just print images/screenshots (this type of printer is virtual and only saves files as if they were printed so should give you sharpening you like )otherwise go to control panel then find fonts and adjust the font scaler(96 by default with windows) and in color settings do a calibration (windows control panel as color management)

1 minute ago, bcguru9384 said:

also adjust clear type text settings

This and the windows font scaler wouldn't work because it's not actual text, it's a picture. Basically I'm wanting something that'll apply to everything in Windows, not just text that it recognizes. 

5 minutes ago, Trogdor8freebird said:

This and the windows font scaler wouldn't work because it's not actual text, it's a picture. Basically I'm wanting something that'll apply to everything in Windows, not just text that it recognizes. 

then try the xml printer

goto printers

add printer

add xml

now print picture you need as now its a photo and different color ics is applied

note this only save picture but not really print

otherwise under windows control panel goto color manager

select systemwide at bottom

now set your color ics to different settings till you achieve desired results

theres ics for text for video for pictures for charts