Epic BURN By Mom

Dygear
27 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Not having the source code doesn't prevent you from making modifications to the game itself. When you compile a program all you're doing is converting your high level language into something the computer understands - bytecode. That bytecode can be read and modified at will with the right tools and knowledge. So no, it isn't impossible to create cheats by modifying the game's executable(s), and no, it doesn't HAVE to be an add-on. This is how cracks work, and cracks are illegal.

This is true.

This is not how lawsuits work and you can't sue a company demanding to get shares of it in reparation. As for hoping, remember this kid was cheating... while he doesn't deserve to be sued I don't think he deserves to walk away from this as a winner either.

They exposed a minors info illegally.  They Gonna get sued for that. And lose. 

Just now, JCBiggs said:

And it is very difficult to go from compiled code back to source. Best you can hope for is bits and peices

3 minutes ago, JCBiggs said:

Even if that happens they won't be punished by having to give out their shares...

And can you please provide a source for that claim? I can't find anything of the sort on the source article for this thread.

5 minutes ago, JCBiggs said:

And it is very difficult to go from compiled code back to source. Best you can hope for is bits and peices

They don't need to have the source code. There are things called disassemblers that will extract an executable's bytecode for you to read - sometimes they manage to generate c++ code that would produce that bytecode when compiled, but that isn't necssary. If you understand assembly language, you can modify the executable. It's not necessarily easy, but it can definitely be done if you have the patience for it and are smart enough to circumvent the game's drm.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

On 11/28/2017 at 4:26 AM, Cookybiscuit said:

Your signature is very relevant, you must be in dreamland if you want some kid cheating on TF2 to be fined $500 by the government. Get real.

The little shit is 14, he knows what he is doing is wrong. This world treats teens like their fucking weak ass little 8 year olds when it comes to the law and suing people. He should know what he did effected others, to many it can be "just a video game", to others it is a outlet from the outside world and when it gets ruined because some little shit can download a cheat and ruin upwards of dozens, sometimes hundreds of peoples games then yes, he needs to know that more than a ban will be issued to him.  

Though, a step further needs to be taken and the creator of this cheat needs to be fined much harsher than the cheater itself. $250, $500 whatever for cheating but for making it? I would say that $150,000 is justified to an extent.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

12 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

The little shit is 14, he knows what he is doing is wrong. This world treats teens like their fucking weak ass little 8 year olds when it comes to the law and suing people. He should know what he did effected others, to many it can be "just a video game", to others it is a outlet from the outside world and when it gets ruined because some little shit can download a cheat and ruin upwards of dozens, sometimes hundreds of peoples games then yes, he needs to know that more than a ban will be issued to him.  

Though, a step further needs to be taken and the creator of this cheat needs to be fined much harsher than the cheater itself. $250, $500 whatever for cheating but for making it? I would say that $150,000 is justified to an extent.

Don't play games that have bad anti-cheat if you don't like playing with cheaters.

21 minutes ago, Cookybiscuit said:

Don't play games that have bad anti-cheat if you don't like playing with cheaters.

Ah, one of you. 

Devs can only put so much anti cheat in and only ban people so hard. Hardware bans and IP bans? You get a shit storm of people. It's not about implementing a good Anticheat, it's about implementing a good anticheat that DOESN'T effect the user who isn't cheating. PUBG while trying to detect speed hackers, one of their solutions made game play terrible, not that it isn't already bad but it went from playable to unplayable.   
Every game will have cheaters, the harder you make it to cheater, the more determined they'll be to cheat. CS:GO, OW, R6 even games like MC you will find cheaters. At this point, you make it clear that it is not tolerated at all to cheat. Target the cheaters and makers of the cheats directly.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

21 hours ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

Ah, one of you. 

Devs can only put so much anti cheat in and only ban people so hard. Hardware bans and IP bans? You get a shit storm of people. It's not about implementing a good Anticheat, it's about implementing a good anticheat that DOESN'T effect the user who isn't cheating. PUBG while trying to detect speed hackers, one of their solutions made game play terrible, not that it isn't already bad but it went from playable to unplayable.   
Every game will have cheaters, the harder you make it to cheater, the more determined they'll be to cheat. CS:GO, OW, R6 even games like MC you will find cheaters. At this point, you make it clear that it is not tolerated at all to cheat. Target the cheaters and makers of the cheats directly.

15 hours ago, Cookybiscuit said:

While I almost totally agree with you, developers should get decent anti-cheat.

But on the other hand a good game almost always has decent anti-cheat or options for community driven servers that can take the right into their own hands. (The latter being one hell of a good option)

Another option would be trying out singleplayer games. It seems as if all people want these days is multiplayer, and then complain about others in that .. game *Facepalm*

I recently started playing Fallout New Vegas (Late to the party I know that), and that is when it hit me; I'm the only one that can ruin my game and I'm having fun even though no real humans are around me.. awesome!

I remember hating story based games,RPG's/etc but I seem to get a soft spot for them.

I'll give TeS Skyrim & Morrowind a try when Steam sales hit.

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

On 02/12/2017 at 4:58 PM, JCBiggs said:

Says who?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

On 12/2/2017 at 11:08 AM, Sauron said:

And can you please provide a source for that claim? I can't find anything of the sort on the source article for this thread.

It says it right in the moms letter. 

1 hour ago, JCBiggs said:

It says it right in the moms letter. 

Fair enough. Regardless, if they will be countersued and lose they'll most likely simply have to pay a fee.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*