750D Custom Loop Decisions

Go to solution Solved by Biased Opinion,

who said i would have to be pulled out the top

you could have push on the to, push on the front and exsaust out the back

I recently bought all the parts for my first watercooled build and need help deciding on what fans to get for my XT45 360mm and ST30 240mm. I was thinking of getting SP120 quiet editions but don't know for sure. My color scheme is blue. I also need help deciding where to place the pump and mount the EK 250 tube res, I'm going for silent and very cool. Would push pull, pull, or push be better? The 360 will be on the top and the 240 in the front. Thanks!

Here is a link to an editable google image of what I have setup:

https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/19L9iLnRZBQkDMKXy5K3iRR-ub74R-pWJvKth0QuxPPM/edit?usp=sharing

According to @marto, SP120s are crap. I'm sure he could give you some direction.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Try and find some Gentle Typhoon's and paint them :)

According to @marto, SP120s are crap. I'm sure he could give you some direction.

Aren't SP120's some of the highest rated fans for a rad, other than the GT's?

Spoiler

Gaming PC

• SSUPD Meshlicious White Full Mesh
  • Corsair SF650 Platinum
  • ASrock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax (Won a giveaway from OptimumTech)
  • Ryzen 5 5600X w/ Scythe Big Shuriken 3
  • 2x8gb G.Skill Flare X @3200 CL14
  • PowerColor Gigabyte RX 6750 XT
  • Storage:
    • Samsung 970 Evo NVME
    • Samsung 860 Evo 2.5"
    • MyDigitalSSD BP4 250gb (mSATA inside 2.5" enclosure)
  • W11Pro
  • AOC C24G1 + Dell S2415H
  • Cheap CyerPower keyboard (Wooting 60HE coming later this year)
  • Glorious Model O Matte White
  • LTT Northern Lights DeskPad 1000mm x 500mm
  • FX Audio Dac-X6 + Monoprice Modern Retro + Fifine Studio Condenser Mic

Media Server

• Rosewill RSV-L4412U 12-bay hotswap
  • Unraid 6.9.2
  • Asrock B450 Steel Legend
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • 2x8gb DDR4
  • LSI 9207-8I
  • 9x 2tb IronWolf • 2x 2tb WD Red • 1x 14tb WD Shucked White Label
  • MSI GTX 1050 Ti

Try and find some Gentle Typhoon's and paint them :)

They arent bad, I've seen a few certain people on the forums say that they sound incredibly loud and dont work well, but the times I worked with them they were decently quiet and cooled well.

rather than use the ek res you should use a bitspower pump and res combo, then you can mount the pump and res on the HDD cage

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

No I've actually heard bad things about them also. I've heard they're loud as well. I use NF F12's and I couldn't be happier. Never tried gentle typhoon's though.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

I already bought everything :)

well that complicates things

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

No I've actually heard bad things about them also. I've heard they're loud as well. I use NF F12's and I couldn't be happier. Never tried gentle typhoon's though.

My experience with fans is minimal, so I was just going off of what I've read over the years. I've been a big fan of Akasa Viper's, but I've never used them for a radiator, just case and CPU fans.

Spoiler

Gaming PC

• SSUPD Meshlicious White Full Mesh
  • Corsair SF650 Platinum
  • ASrock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax (Won a giveaway from OptimumTech)
  • Ryzen 5 5600X w/ Scythe Big Shuriken 3
  • 2x8gb G.Skill Flare X @3200 CL14
  • PowerColor Gigabyte RX 6750 XT
  • Storage:
    • Samsung 970 Evo NVME
    • Samsung 860 Evo 2.5"
    • MyDigitalSSD BP4 250gb (mSATA inside 2.5" enclosure)
  • W11Pro
  • AOC C24G1 + Dell S2415H
  • Cheap CyerPower keyboard (Wooting 60HE coming later this year)
  • Glorious Model O Matte White
  • LTT Northern Lights DeskPad 1000mm x 500mm
  • FX Audio Dac-X6 + Monoprice Modern Retro + Fifine Studio Condenser Mic

Media Server

• Rosewill RSV-L4412U 12-bay hotswap
  • Unraid 6.9.2
  • Asrock B450 Steel Legend
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • 2x8gb DDR4
  • LSI 9207-8I
  • 9x 2tb IronWolf • 2x 2tb WD Red • 1x 14tb WD Shucked White Label
  • MSI GTX 1050 Ti

I doubt push pull would have any performance benefit. i think ek has a similar product to the bitspower one

I doubt push pull would have any performance benefit. i think ek has a similar product to the bitspower one

I can't to push pull for the top anyway but would it benefit a 30mm thick rad? I saw an EK bay res but got a tube res instead and a D5 pump with top.

I can't to push pull for the top anyway but would it benefit a 30mm thick rad? I saw an EK bay res but got a tube res instead and a D5 pump with top.

get a thicker rad before you get more fans. I mean that EK has a top thing that allows you to mount the res onto the top of the pump.

Are those quiet? Do they look nice? How many do you have in your setup, I need about 5-7 depending if I do push pull for the front rad. BTW I got the same waterblock as you did for the GPU, it looks so nice with that backplate and LED :)

get a thicker rad before you get more fans. I mean that EK has a top thing that allows you to mount the res onto the top of the pump.

Oh ok. I'll look into it!

Are those quiet? Do they look nice? How many do you have in your setup, I need about 5-7 depending if I do push pull for the front rad. BTW I got the same waterblock as you did for the GPU, it looks so nice with that backplate and LED :)

Yeah they're quiet, A LOT of people say they look bad but I personally don't mind the look, and I have 4 in my set up, 2 dual 120 rads, not in push pull.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

Yeah they're quiet, A LOT of people say they look bad but I personally don't mind the look, and I have 4 in my set up, 2 dual 120 rads, not in push pull.

I don't mind the brownish color either, it looks kinda nice depending on the setup. I'll look into that too.

Oh ok. I'll look into it!

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/17536/ex-pmp-212/EK_DDC_X-RES_Top_100_-_Acetal_CSQ_-Laing_DDC_Swiftech_MCP350355_EK-DDC_X-RES_100_CSQ_-_Acetal.html?tl=g57c595s1938&id=CJhoD5BE

this is the thing that i was thinking about, i dont know if you would be able to put your 250 res onto it or if you could get one without the res. Anyone with more knowledge than me want to chime in. That being said with that thing you would mount the pump verticaly on the drive cages and then have the res above that.

I don't mind the brownish color either, it looks kinda nice depending on the setup. I'll look into that too.

you could just hide them inbetween the case and the rad if you dont want to see them

Ohhhhh, then I will definitely get the Noctua NF-F12 PWM. Thanks!

@JohnnyGrey

You would be correct in saying that SP120's are very good in terms of airflow and static pressure. But unfortunately they produce far too much noise in the process.

@TheNinjaNextDor

Have a look at Noiseblocker ELoop 120mm or Noiseblocker BlackSilentPro 120mm fans. The ELoops are by far the most silent fans I've used, the only downside being that you can only use them as a push config fan on a radiator. BlackSIlentPro's are also a great fan and are on par with something like a NF-F12 in terms of performance and noise, plus look alot better than Noctuas :)

Thanks! I'll give it a look. Noctua really does need to make better looking fans tgat actually GO with a color scheme. If your color scheme is redish brownish maybe tan, rethink! They make the best fans but don't get as many sales becauss of the color.