Ryzen 5 1600 random shut downs under load

Hi. I recently bought a Ryzen 5 1600 CPU and am experiencing a bit of a problem. Under the Prime 95 stress test (and any other test that maxxes out the CPU) My PC shuts down. Temperature is never high enough for that to be a problem and i am pretty certain that my power supply is more than enough for my current config (evga 80+ gold 550 watt, ryzen 5 1600, r9 380, 2 HDDs and one ssd)

I've tried updating the BIOS but that seems to not have worked. People are saying its ram related but again, that doesnt seem likley to me seen as how it only happens when the PC is under load. Any help is appreciated.

may be re installing your os might help :) just backup your files

9 minutes ago, MrJvil said:

Running a mem test right now and will try that as soon as it finishes up. Thanks. Didn't think of that. Any idea what could be causing it? I did just switch from Intel so maybe drivers are fighting with eachother

AMD said in their part, they recommend to reinstall the OS when going for ryzen :).

Just now, MrJvil said:

AMD said in their part, they recommend to reinstall the OS when going for ryzen :).

Ah....I missed that memo. Ill give it a try and update the post after another prime95 run

1 hour ago, MrJvil said:

Did some research and it turns out the ASUS board might be the problem.. a host of other people are having the same issue. Might have to return it and save up for a new one :(

Just now, Binder said:

Did you oc your cpu....?

Nope. This is a brand new build.