Best quiet and good-looking water cooler.

jcoops
3 minutes ago, Jackson, The Computer Dude said:

Title says all.  Thanks!

In an AIO? One of NZXT's Kracken coolers, but different fans. It's not that the fans aren't good, cause they are, there are just much better fans on the market that will perform just as good while producing lower noise. (Of corse, this comes at a price as well)

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Don't get an NZXT Kraken. The RGB control software likes to not work and mine data, the cooler itself worked great in my system for 8-10 months, with the software and RGB stuff taking a dump about 5 months in, then the pump shorted out internally and slow cooked my CPU and Motherboard. RMA process took two months with NZXT eventually refunding my CPU as well. After getting a new CPU ordered, I found out my motherboard was down for the count too, and with how long this process has taken I've decided to just eat the cost of a new mobo and am dealing with Shuttle Corp trying to figure out the one I bought from them isn't working with my graphics card. 

TL;DR: NZXT makes the best looking aio right now, but stay the hell away.

I've already had bad experiences with them.  Don't like their AIO's.  Anything else?

Cryorig R1 :ph34r:

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Jackson, The Computer Dude said:

Looking for a water cooler.

unless you are size restricted, an air tower is going to win massive amounts in sound

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Anybody know if the Corsair H100i is any good?

all corsair coolers sound like god damn jets, as do most AIOs tbh because the fans are garabge generally

Builds:

Spoiler

Anybody know if the Corsair H100i is any good?

Yes, it is. Again, as Gamers Nexus said in their AIO awards video, fans are one issue that plague a lot of coolers, but yes, Corsair's AIOs are very popular, and for good reason. They provide a good deal of performance at a reasonable price.

2 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

all corsair coolers sound like god damn jets, as do most AIOs tbh because the fans are garabge generally

2 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

unless you are size restricted, an air tower is going to win massive amounts in sound

sounds like someone simply doesn't like water cooling.

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Listen, I'm looking for an AIO because I'm willing to spend the money and I think they look really good.  I'm not asking for your opinion on air coolers or why I should pick them.

3 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

you aren't ever gonna see me giving them any money ever again. 

All the AIOs on the market are Asetek OEM, save for a few. 

If it were me, I'd get a Corsair branded one, and put a pair of noctua 140mm fans on it.

Otherwise, if you're going for quiet, a noctua air cooler. They're damn expensive but once you feel one, you'll understand why.

Alright, thanks.

you aren't ever gonna see me giving them any money ever again. 

All the AIOs on the market are Asetek OEM, save for a few. 

If it were me, I'd get a Corsair branded one, and put a pair of noctua 140mm fans on it.

Otherwise, if you're going for quiet, a noctua air cooler. They're damn expensive but once you feel one, you'll understand why.

There are other fans that are good as well, but Noctua fans have always been held in high regard, especially now that they have their Cromax line. Personally, I've found myself rather fond of NoiseBlocker fans from BlackNoise, but to each their own. I know Jay (Jayztwocents) loves the fans from EK

Just now, BluJay614 said:

sounds like someone simply doesn't like water cooling.

i dont, because it dosent make sense to buy AIOs mostly. 280mm ones, sure, you wont find an air tower that will go there, but 240mm and smaller you can get air towers for way cheaper that kicks their teeth in, so unless you are size restriced i can not see a single reason to buy an AIO seeing as the air towers are quieter, cooler and cost less. Had a friend that bought one, a H110i IIRC, and after he installed it just didnt use his computer because it was so much louder than the stupid Sandybridge stock cooler, this pathetic thing:

Bildresultat för sandy bridge stock cooler

yah it was so much louder that he didnt use his computer untill he could afford some new fans, when he instead could have bought a NH-D15(Cryorig R1 was not out at the time, or i didnt know of it at least) and wouldnt have had to spend a load of extra money -_- 

2 minutes ago, Jackson, The Computer Dude said:

Listen, I'm looking for an AIO because I'm willing to spend the money and I think they look really good.  I'm not asking for your opinion on air coolers or why I should pick them.

sure then get a 280mm or bigger and swap the fans, thats the only way to get decent noice levels.

Builds:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

I'll stick with the Noctua. I've handled a few of them, and just finnaly put one in the shuttle PC I'm bringing back from the dead. Dad's PC I built for him has one on his single tower Noctua cooler, and one for the rear exhaust. They're just built well. Better than anything else I've got my hands on. But they're far from the only option. Just what I've come to be used to now if I'm buying new fans. Unless I need LED ones, that's what I'll be spending my money on.

Sure thing :) 

Even then, you can get some of Phantek's Halos and slap them on. Are they a bit better with white blades? Yes, but they still work with black blades.

I've never seen those before. I might have to try them when I put another system in my R5. It was cheaper to repair my Shuttle PC than it was to buy another ATX X79 mobo.

Needless to say there won't be any sexy RGB or LED fans in this case.

Image result for x79r5

I've actually never seen one of those.

http://www.phanteks.com/HalosLux.html

The Halos where being showed off at......Computex(I think) this year. It was when they started showing off that they where going to have water cooling parts.