"Pimp my Case" with fancy light and custom cables

my new case finally arrived and i swapped that cursed bequiet SB600 to sell or just burn it... 

now i´d like to get some more "accents" and aesthetics in with custom cables and light --> RGB ( those can run rgb and white too ? )

never did that in a case so i´d be loving some input on this

fan settings      top-AIO and rear exhaust while the 2 nf A14 intake      --edit might paint those noctua or get some "silent" black fans

powersupply is a evga g2 supernova 750w, need to measure the lengths i need in the next days

ram is crucial balistix tactical tracer ( can swap between red / green light )

tempered glass is great, looking into the case with daylight

whats to recommend for some light phillips HUE? corsair commander ? 

my location is germany and currency euro

thanks in advance

edit:added a pic of the old and some of new rig ( sorry for bad quality OP3T)

IMG_20171125_122713.jpgold case

IMG_20171126_103844.jpg

IMG_20171125_161739.jpg

IMG_20171125_161949.jpg

IMG_20171126_103908.jpg

Spoiler

CPU i7 4790K 4,7Ghz Cooling:Corsair H100iGTX+Noctua NF-F12PWM GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC+ ACX2.0+ RAM:16GB DDR3 1866mhz Crucial Balistics Tactical Tracer Mobo:ASUS Z97-AR PSU:EVGA 750W G2 Supernova Case:Fractal Meshify C Storage:500GB Samsung 850 evo, 900GB Toshiba Game Storage SSD, 2TB Data HDD

i7 4790k Devils Canyon OC @4,6Ghz,Cooler Corsair h100i GTX, GPU EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ @ stoc

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/278610-display-technology-faqmythbuster/

@Bl00dgod pick a color, any color! We do offer replacement cables in a variety of color options though for your PSU, take a look some time. :)

Replacement kits if you still have the EVGA G2:

https://store.cablemod.com/products/?filter_models=g3-g2-p2-t2

Extensions:
https://store.cablemod.com/products/?filter_product-category=basic-extension-kits

20170602_200510.jpg

5 hours ago, CableMod said:

@Bl00dgod pick a color, any color! We do offer replacement cables in a variety of color options though for your PSU, take a look some time. :)

Extensions:
https://store.cablemod.com/products/?filter_product-category=basic-extension-kits

looks gorgeous ;)  still got the same PSU, only changed to another case     

i´ll configure some cables later in green black maybe with some silver

now i only have to get a nice solution to get light into the case

anyone got advice?

Spoiler

CPU i7 4790K 4,7Ghz Cooling:Corsair H100iGTX+Noctua NF-F12PWM GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC+ ACX2.0+ RAM:16GB DDR3 1866mhz Crucial Balistics Tactical Tracer Mobo:ASUS Z97-AR PSU:EVGA 750W G2 Supernova Case:Fractal Meshify C Storage:500GB Samsung 850 evo, 900GB Toshiba Game Storage SSD, 2TB Data HDD

i7 4790k Devils Canyon OC @4,6Ghz,Cooler Corsair h100i GTX, GPU EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ @ stoc

@Bl00dgod Personally I like green! (ModMesh pro cable style pictured)

Check out our RGB/UV or RGB/W hybrids - both are great. We also have standard RGB LEDs as well. :)

P1000054.JPG

5 minutes ago, CableMod said:

@Bl00dgod Personally I like green! (ModMesh pro cable style pictured)

Check out our RGB/UV or RGB/W hybrids - both are great. We also have standard RGB LEDs as well. :)

you are a angerfish and got me hooked, that UV glow is awesome

are those the regular "light green" with black cables that react?

Spoiler

When it comes to lighting RGB: DarkSide is the best. If you want to go with UV that is a bit tricky. Since some of the so called UV out there is not true UV. Some are just purple where others has some UV but has some Purple bleeding.

When looking for UV you want UVA in the wavelength of 395 to 405nm.

You also want all UV and no other colors in the case. Since UV works better in darker areas with no other colors around.

------

As for Cables I will always suggest using Sleeving made by MDPC-X. It's just superior sleeving to everything else out there. Places like Mod-One or singularitycomputers they will hand make the cables for you with higher grade of supplies. They ship world wide.

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

UV isn't all roses. It's a somewhat controversial topic, but UV lighting destroys plastics. There are reports from people that UV lighting can destroy Cpu sockets. 

I was looking at UV lighting a while ago and decided against it for risk of damaging my Cpu socket and the fact that UV lit systems are fatiguing to look at for a long time. 

Take great heed of the earlier comments about wavelengths. Also, you will likely find much cheaper and better options from dedicated lighting suppliers. I have not found anything from cable mod to be competitively priced or anything really if you have the skills to solder some led strip onto a connector. 

I would also agree that you are better off sleeving your own cables. It gets you a much better result for a similar price. 

Sync RGB fans with motherboard RGB header.

Main rig:

Ryzen 7 1700x (4.05GHz)

EVGA GTX 1070 FTW ACX 3.0

16GB G. Skill Flare X 3466MHz CL14

Crosshair VI Hero

EK Supremacy Evo

EVGA SuperNova 850 G2

Intel 540s 240GB, Intel 520 240GB + WD Black 500GB

Corsair Crystal Series 460x

Asus Strix Soar

Laptop:

Dell E6430s

i7-3520M + On board GPU

16GB 1600MHz DDR3.

35 minutes ago, unknownmiscreant said:

UV isn't all roses. It's a somewhat controversial topic, but UV lighting destroys plastics. There are reports from people that UV lighting can destroy Cpu sockets. 

I was looking at UV lighting a while ago and decided against it for risk of damaging my Cpu socket and the fact that UV lit systems are fatiguing to look at for a long time. 

Take great heed of the earlier comments about wavelengths. Also, you will likely find much cheaper and better options from dedicated lighting suppliers. I have not found anything from cable mod to be competitively priced or anything really if you have the skills to solder some led strip onto a connector. 

I would also agree that you are better off sleeving your own cables. It gets you a much better result for a similar price. 

How can UV destroy a CPU socket? UV LED are not strong enough to cause that kind of damage. Not to mention it's cover by a cooler or waterblock 99% of the time. Not sure what UV light they were using but that's 100% false and they have no idea what they were talking about.

Fatiguing is more likely to happen at the end spectrum when the color is more blueish then purple. at 405nm UV light is harmless at the power these LED's are set to.

13 hours ago, Revan654 said:

How can UV destroy a CPU socket? UV LED are not strong enough to cause that kind of damage. Not to mention it's cover by a cooler or waterblock 99% of the time. Not sure what UV light they were using but that's 100% false and they have no idea what they were talking about.

Fatiguing is more likely to happen at the end spectrum when the color is more blueish then purple. at 405nm UV light is harmless at the power these LED's are set to.

Well I guess the controversial comment was justified. :) 

UV light breaks down the inter molecular bonds of non-UV stabilized plastics. This is essentially why there is a bunch of tiny plastic pieces floating around in the ocean.

As for the LEDs causing damage, its not how strong the LEDs are, but how much light is incident on the plastic overall. This means it could be a short intense exposure, or a more prolonged exposure to a less intense source. The result is the same. Each UV light photon (ignoring wave particle duality) will catalyze the decomposition of X number of inter molecular bonds between the polymer chains in the plastic. I have had non UV stabilized plastic clips that are used to hold together irrigation systems fail fairly spectacularly within a year. I'm not sure about the luminous output of UV leds, a quick google didn't turn up much.

Sunlight at sealevel looks to contain about 60% (ish) UV compared to visible light. Lets assume LEDs manage to output around 1/7th of this. Since I would expect the plastics in my system (CPU socket included) to last for an absolute minimum of 5 years (I still own systems that are around 10 years old and use them for legacy software that requires XP etc), a source that is 1/7th as bright would mean the plastics would be quite degraded after 5 years. After 10 years or so, the plastics would be almost completely shot. Even with LEDs that output 1/10th the suns irridance, the result after 10 years isn't pretty.

This is why I refuse to buy any colored zipties. Only the black ones are UV stabilized.

I agree the CPU socket is largely covered by the cooling solution, however (especially on PGA sockets) there is space round the side underneath the cooler for light to shine directly on the socket depending on where the led strip is mounted. This is certainly the case with my Crosshair VI Hero. Granted some sockets have been UV stabilized, so this is not an issue.

I was told about this when I was asking one of the more respected members of the ROG forum about LED recommendations for UV lighting my case. They said it was a very controversial topic, where some people swear blind UV light has damaged their sockets and others (you included) refuse to believe such damage could possibly occur.

I personally made the choice not to use UV lighting in my system as I did not want the possible hassles of things that could potentially go wrong later down the line. I'm not sure about the actual numbers of sockets that have failed but since the science stacks up towards such failures being possible I do not want to take the risk. Whether you choose to or not is none of my business and I really don't care. However I do feel recommendations should be made in full, including any possible negatives or pitfalls, so people know what they are getting into before they start and can make a properly informed decision about the matter. 

Main rig:

Ryzen 7 1700x (4.05GHz)

Crosshair VI Hero

EK Supremacy Evo

EVGA SuperNova 850 G2

Asus Strix Soar

Laptop:

Dell E6430s

i7-3520M + On board GPU

16GB 1600MHz DDR3.

7 hours ago, unknownmiscreant said:

snip

I don't buy it all of that. Since I had UV in my case for a very long time and there is no issues with anything in the case.

The strength of the UV plays a role

As for CPU Socket, Most are UV Protected. That includes the Pcie sockets and everything else.

UV LEDs are thought to produce ultraviolet radiation that can be harmful to the skin, eyes, or other bodily organs. The truth is the radiation emitted is called "near UV," and it occurs below the threshold of harm posed by the true UV wavelength

UV light does very little to no damage to Acrylic & nylon over time

-------

I'll add to previous fatigue comment. UVA/Blacklight does counteract fatigue. Mainly SAD, Which produces Vit D in the body.

15 hours ago, Revan654 said:

I don't buy it all of that. Since I had UV in my case for a very long time and there is no issues with anything in the case.

As for CPU Socket, Most are UV Protected. That includes the Pcie sockets and everything else.

23 hours ago, unknownmiscreant said:

snip

However I do feel recommendations should be made in full, including any possible negatives or pitfalls, so people know what they are getting into before they start and can make a properly informed decision about the matter. 

thanks for the input, Rig is in my signature 

therefore i´ll see if there is any evidence or information about the parts being UV-Protected or not

my update cycle for a "comple overhaul" is 4-5 years, after that i sold my systems 

currently the rig is almost 2 years old so i guess the risk isnt that big for 2-3 more years? @unknownmiscreant

Spoiler

10 hours ago, Bl00dgod said:

thanks for the input, Rig is in my signature 

therefore i´ll see if there is any evidence or information about the parts being UV-Protected or not

Most key parts of the motherboard are made from Acrylic & nylon. That material is UV Protected.

You will not get the any of details or standards unless you know who made the socket/slots and who they base the specs off of.

14 hours ago, Revan654 said:

Most key parts of the motherboard are made from Acrylic & nylon. That material is UV Protected.

You will not get the any of details or standards unless you know who made the socket/slots and who they base the specs off of.

Not all nylon is UV stabilized. I have had PA66 parts fail quite spectacularly when exposed to UV light. Not sure about poly methyl acrylate (acrylic). Although I don't think there is much of that on my C6H. The Io covers look more like polystyrene to me. The CPU socket and connectors look like nylon.

You can get plastic information off markings on most parts, or look up the data sheets. Most contain nauseating detail bout this sort of thing.

On 11/30/2017 at 8:48 AM, Revan654 said:

I'll add to previous fatigue comment. UVA/Blacklight does counteract fatigue. Mainly SAD, Which produces Vit D in the body.

Most nylon parts are UV stabilized, however not all. What you are saying may be plausible, but I have not done enough chem to know for sure. Light counteracting fatigue seems rather dubious, and rather goes against a fair bit of my chem knowledge. UV light catalyses the production of halogen radicals, so its somewhat hard to see how it would stabilize inter molecular bonds between poly amide chains. 

Bottom line is that sticking UV lighting in your case is not likely to have any ill effect. However if something goes wrong, its not gonna be pretty.

Main rig:

Ryzen 7 1700x (4.05GHz)

Crosshair VI Hero

EK Supremacy Evo

EVGA SuperNova 850 G2

Asus Strix Soar

Laptop:

Dell E6430s

i7-3520M + On board GPU

16GB 1600MHz DDR3.

3 hours ago, unknownmiscreant said:

Bottom line is that sticking UV lighting in your case is not likely to have any ill effect. However if something goes wrong, its not gonna be pretty.

just wanted to get some nice glow into the case, i didnt recognize any warnings on the sites that sell UV light for cases

great to learn more about those chemical details and "alchemy" that keeps the world together

i´ll create a seperate topic about that and "summon" you there

i think i´ll just give it a try and see if something is getting "porous" or changes continuously

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Bl00dgod said:

just wanted to get some nice glow into the case, i didnt recognize any warnings on the sites that sell UV light for cases

great to learn more about those chemical details and "alchemy" that keeps the world together

i´ll create a seperate topic about that and "summon" you there

i think i´ll just give it a try and see if something is getting "porous" or changes continuously

Don't buy into all this UV crap, UV is fine. Even Mayhem has had UV running on the same rigs for nearly 10 years and there no issues.

Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01C2NQWIQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Link: https://dazmode.com/store/product/12-30cm-darkside-connect-dimmable-rigid-led-strip-uv-rev4/

Both will work well with UV Coolant, It's the same UV I use in my rig.

5 hours ago, Bl00dgod said:

´ll create a seperate topic about that and "summon" you there

I have read the new topic, and as of when I am writing this, all the responses look sound. Just go with UV and enjoy it. It's not likely to cause much trouble. 

If you can get your head around the ordering process, I would recommend getting LEDs from electronics suppliers as most diy/modding stores are over priced and the LEDs either have alot of bleed into the visible spectrum or are outside of proper UV frequencies. 

Here is a good place to start. 

https://www.intl-lighttech.com/applications/uv-led-solutions

It's not a plug and play solution, and does require some soldering, but will get you a better result than led strips. 

3 hours ago, Revan654 said:

Don't buy into all this UV crap, UV is fine. Even Mayhem has had UV running on the same rigs for nearly 10 years and there no issues.

How much Chem have you done? UV causes issues with non UV stabilized plastics. That's fact. I learned about that in my 2nd to last year of high school. I learned some more about it in a Uni course I did, but that goes a beyond whats appropriate here. 

I and a few others (in the new thread)  have stated that UV case lighting is not likely to cause issues. I was merely trying to point out the consequences if anything goes wrong. Around half of the replies in the new thread also state that there is the potential for plastics to be degraded. Although in the time frames which OP owns hardware I doubt it will cause them any issues. 

Your comments about mayhems, may be true, but I personally do not trust them as a company. For a long time I have 'heard' mayhems make good products, but I have never had good experiences with products recommended in a similar manner and usually after hunting for proper reviews and specifications / testing have found  somewhat different information to what I was told by those who recommended the product in the first place. Most of the time they fall into the 'triumph of marketing over engineering catagory.'  In my opinion mayhems fall into exactly that boat. When questioned about their coolants (on this forum) the rep was happy to provide active ingredients but didn't provide any straight up answers about why the active ingredients were not listed in the SDS in the first place. Their products may be good, but I am not convinced they are a trustworthy company after reading the SDS thread.

Main rig:

Ryzen 7 1700x (4.05GHz)

Crosshair VI Hero

EK Supremacy Evo

EVGA SuperNova 850 G2

Asus Strix Soar

Laptop:

Dell E6430s

i7-3520M + On board GPU

16GB 1600MHz DDR3.

• 2 months later...

Here some actual pics and it looks better IRL than on photo ( sorry for the bad quality, shot with my OP3T )

Still trying to get the perfect position for it, that UV shines better

Thx @CableMod

IMG_20180129_200945.jpg

IMG_20180128_183819.jpg

Spoiler

3 hours ago, Bl00dgod said:

Here some actual pics and it looks better IRL than on photo ( sorry for the bad quality, shot with my OP3T )

Still trying to get the perfect position for it, that UV shines better

Thx @CableMod

Gonna take that glass sticker off? Just moved my build into that case. 

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

The window is great, without The Sticker it looks Like there is no Sidepanel

Spoiler

On 11/27/2017 at 4:37 AM, CableMod said:

Extensions:

20170602_200510.jpg

do you guys make cables for the G1 series? I have an EVGA Nex650G and im currently using sleeved extensions but would like to swap to sleeved cables without extensions

11 minutes ago, jc_223 said:

do you guys make cables for the G1 series? I have an EVGA Nex650G and im currently using sleeved extensions but would like to swap to sleeved cables without extensions

@jc_223 yes we do! You'll find our support for it on our configurator page. :)
https://store.cablemod.com/configurator/