A SMSG GALX S6E+ That my local computer store couldn't figure out

Hello its been more than a year since my s6 has been out of commission, from what , i dont really know the answer to that but if i had a guess it might have something to to with some x video videos on my phone, then again i dunno. but i took it to my local computer shop and what had ended  up happening was they charged me 40 to check it out and and tell me they couldn't find out what was wrong with it -,-, i highly doubt they went to great lengths to get my phone back on, and im dying for help, if these symptoms sound familiar i am open to information on this.

the status of this phone: 

turns on 

buttons work 

charges 

error message displays:

an error has occurred while updating the device software . use the emergency recovery function in the smart switch pc software.

Sounds like your battery died when running an update (or another power loss, or update failure). Basically it is saying that your OS is corrupt and needs to be reinstalled using the "emergency recovery function"

This guide might help http://www.blogtechtips.com/2017/07/09/an-error-has-occurred-while-updating-the-device-software-fix/

Please "Quote" me if you want me to see your response.

1 minute ago, Justin_ said:

Sounds like your battery died when running an update (or another power loss, or update failure). Basically it is saying that your OS is corrupt and needs to be reinstalled using the "emergency recovery function"

This guide might help http://www.blogtechtips.com/2017/07/09/an-error-has-occurred-while-updating-the-device-software-fix/

is would i now be able to root my phone? lol, ive been looking on how to reinstall the os

Just now, Nipplemilk909 said:

is would i now be able to root my phone? lol, ive been looking on how to reinstall the os

No? The guide shows you how to use samsung tool to replace the OS without rooting your phone. Did it stop working when you tryed to root it? We are not your warranty, we don't care how it stopped working, the more you tell us the more we can help.

Just now, Justin_ said:

No? The guide shows you how to use samsung tool to replace the OS without rooting your phone. Did it stop working when you tryed to root it? We are not your warranty, we don't care how it stopped working, the more you tell us the more we can help.

i never got around rooting my phone, most i did was download cc cleaner. 

Ah ok. No, this will not root your phone. The easiest way to root your phone would be to install kingroot. It is an app, but it is not in the playstore, you need to install it off there website kingroot.net Im not sure if you will be able to root the S6, it all depends on the exact model and firmware revision. Also just so you know once you root your phone google pay and certain other apps (eg pokemon go) will refuse to run, I don't know if you would care, just letting you know.

2 minutes ago, Justin_ said:

Ah ok. No, this will not root your phone. The easiest way to root your phone would be to install kingroot. It is an app, but it is not in the playstore, you need to install it off there website kingroot.net Im not sure if you will be able to root the S6, it all depends on the exact model and firmware revision. Also just so you know once you root your phone google pay and certain other apps (eg pokemon go) will refuse to run, I don't know if you would care, just letting you know.

so can i skip reinstalling the stock os and just install another android os? not planing on using paying apps on this, 

im going to try that tutorial with smart switch app to see if i can, if it fails then i go root for sure?

No. You will need to reinstall the stock OS first, then install the new OS

You need to have the stock OS back on the phone before you can root it. If you can't get the stock OS back on it is as good as trash