3200MHz Ram with R7 1800x

Go to solution Solved by Streetguru,
13 minutes ago, BigSchweetie said:

Set XMP and then drop the frequency one step.

GA-AX370-Gaming 5

Ryzen 7 1800x

16gb G.skill 3200Mhz

The ram I am using on the list of working ram for my motherboard, but I cannot get my ram to perform at 3200MHz without my computer being very unstable, games crashing, and the entire computer crashing. Everytime I enable XMP this happens. What do I need to change in my bios to allow my ram to function at 3200MHz while still remaining stable?

My mobo bios is also updated so the problem is not there.

11 minutes ago, BigSchweetie said:

GA-AX370-Gaming 5

Ryzen 7 1800x

16gb G.skill 3200Mhz

The ram I am using on the list of working ram for my motherboard, but I cannot get my ram to perform at 3200MHz without my computer being very unstable, games crashing, and the entire computer crashing. Everytime I enable XMP this happens. What do I need to change in my bios to allow my ram to function at 3200MHz while still remaining stable?

You could raise the voltage, but remember that ryzen has memory issues. So you could just lower the speed to 3000mhz as the performance increase from 3000 to 3200 is minimal.

13 minutes ago, BigSchweetie said:

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

32 minutes ago, BigSchweetie said:

GA-AX370-Gaming 5

Ryzen 7 1800x

16gb G.skill 3200Mhz

Double check to make sure you've placed your ram in the correct slots. It does seem to matter. If you're 16GB kit consists of two 8GB dimms, they should be in board slots DDR4_1 and DDR4_2. Make sure, it's a common mistake. Your bios also has a VCORE SOC option that should be set to 1.1v. You can increase that for potential stabilty. No higher than 1.2v. As already mentioned, you can also try increasing DRAM Voltage. With XMP enabled, it's probably already at 1.35v. Try increasing it to 1.36 or 1.37. No higher than 1.40v. Without knowing the exact model number of your kit, that's the easiest suggestions I can give. It's also possible to just drop the frequency to 2933.

ax370-gaming5-dimm.png.14ef41a43bf3b100c2369e1b7eeabb13.png

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  Board: Asus PRIME X570-P  Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2x8) DDR4-3000  Case: Fractal Design Define S

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070  SSD: HP EX950 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM

PSU: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Platinum 750W  Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4  Monitor: Viotek GFT27DB 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz

57 minutes ago, johndms said:

Double check to make sure you've placed your ram in the correct slots. It does seem to matter. If you're 16GB kit consists of two 8GB dimms, they should be in board slots DDR4_1 and DDR4_2. Make sure, it's a common mistake. Your bios also has a VCORE SOC option that should be set to 1.1v. You can increase that for potential stabilty. No higher than 1.2v. As already mentioned, you can also try increasing DRAM Voltage. With XMP enabled, it's probably already at 1.35v. Try increasing it to 1.36 or 1.37. No higher than 1.40v. Without knowing the exact model number of your kit, that's the easiest suggestions I can give. It's also possible to just drop the frequency to 2933.

ax370-gaming5-dimm.png.14ef41a43bf3b100c2369e1b7eeabb13.png

My computer crashed almost instantly after I started the aida64 test on my ram with these applied.

1 hour ago, Streetguru said:

This seems to be the best option. My computer has seemed to been stable and has not crashed after testing it on aida64 and gaming, although I wish i could get the max performance out of my ram.

Just now, BigSchweetie said:

This seems to be the best option. My computer has seemed to been stable and has not crashed after testing it on aida64 and gaming, although I wish i could get the max performance out of my ram.

AGESA 1007 is coming soon, but 3066mhz vs 3200mhz is nothing

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Just now, Streetguru said:

AGESA 1007 is coming soon, but 3066mhz vs 3200mhz is nothing

I appreciate the assistance very much I've been trying to figure out what to do about it for over a day now and you helped me very quickly. Once again it is much appreciated.