Bitcoin atm questions becuase the FAQ sucks balls

Hello everyone! I recently had a fun experience attempting to cash out my bitcoin for real money. In Canada we have these bitnational “BTM”s that say on the home screen that the current price of bitcoin at $12575. This was the first thing that confused me becuase it has never been that high, and when I went to cash out, the ATM put the price back down to

$ 9100 CAD. This is now $2000 lower than what it is right now. I’m just confused if they have to update it, or if the ATM averages the price over the last month or so.

thanks

2 hours ago, MaxCraft said:

Hello everyone! I recently had a fun experience attempting to cash out my bitcoin for real money. In Canada we have these bitnational “BTM”s that say on the home screen that the current price of bitcoin at $12575. This was the first thing that confused me becuase it has never been that high, and when I went to cash out, the ATM put the price back down to

Since it is their product they can dictate the exchange rate. They are also going to charge you fees and what not so that might be taken into account with the numbers they give you.

Just now, lieder1987 said:

Since it is their product they can dictate the exchange rate. They are also going to charge you fees and what not so that might be taken into account with the numbers they give you.

where can I exchange my bitcoin for full price?

5 minutes ago, MaxCraft said:

where can I exchange my bitcoin for full price?

every exchange is going to charge you a fee. You wont get the "value" for it from anywhere.

Edit for more info: coinbase as an example charges around 6% to go from BTC to USD through paypal or a bank account. If you want to transfer to other coins there is fees for that as well. It is no different than moving money on a stock exchange.

4 minutes ago, lieder1987 said:

every exchange is going to charge you a fee. You wont get the "value" for it from anywhere.

With fee is fine, but like for the current price of bitcoin and not a certain price the company sets

33 minutes ago, MaxCraft said:

With fee is fine, but like for the current price of bitcoin and not a certain price the company sets

Well good luck, if you find one let us all know.