Shutdown

ToXIc Dev

20171124_123232.thumb.jpg.e1022c400a579c317e930d7c6efe3020.jpg

So when shutting down this appears

Any ideas?

One of them looks like its Nvidia Gamestream or something but the other one I have no idea.

59 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

Nv i would assume is nvidia.. google that process and check what application it has to do with

Yeah that makes sense, I googled it, not much came up, one thing that came up said about disabling Gamestream which I did because I dont use it anyway.

Unfortunately this has not sorted it, it still appears.

One thing I have noticed is the number at the end of the nvcontainerwindowclass changes every time.

20171124_134106.thumb.jpg.52cbbf9a700e0a1cc3d76507650ada7f.jpg

those apps should close instantly when you click shutdown usually... what are your specs?

She/Her

2 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

those apps should close instantly when you click shutdown usually... what are your specs?

• CPU: Intel i5-4690 @ 3.5GHz
• GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
• RAM: HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB)
• MB: MSI H97M-G43
• SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
• HDD1: WD Caviar Green 3TB
• HDD2: WD Caviar Blue 1TB
• PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2
• Case: Cooler Master N200

okay.. if you click shutdown, and then wait a few seconds, do the nvidia apps close an does the machine shutdown? or do you manually have to turn it off?

She/Her

Just now, firelighter487 said:

okay.. if you click shutdown, and then wait a few seconds, do the nvidia apps close an does the machine shutdown? or do you manually have to turn it off?

Yes, If I click shutdown and then this screen comes up, if I wait it does eventually just shut down anyway but I am under the impression that this should not even come up?

Just now, ToXIc DevilZz said:

Yes, If I click shutdown and then this screen comes up, if I wait it does eventually just shut down anyway but I am under the impression that this should not even come up?

yeah, i've never seen it, and pretty much all of my machines have Nvidia cards in them. have you tried reinstalling the drivers?

She/Her

Just now, firelighter487 said:

yeah, i've never seen it, and pretty much all of my machines have Nvidia cards in them. have you tried reinstalling the drivers?

No I haven't, Ill give it a go.

5 hours ago, ToXIc DevilZz said:

Screens like this have been a thing since Vista. There's script which you can use to make shortcut icon for direct shutdown, effectively same thing as clicking "Shutdown anyway" button. Or uninstall software causing this.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 24/11/2017 at 6:58 PM, LoGiCalDrm said:

Screens like this have been a thing since Vista. There's script which you can use to make shortcut icon for direct shutdown, effectively same thing as clicking "Shutdown anyway" button. Or uninstall software causing this.

According to this guide a quick registry edit will sort it, I haven't tried it but this TechNet page confirms the string's behaviour, I'll probably just do that, I've always found it annoying anyway

This guide did not work for me.