PSU Suggestions

aliasdred

Hi,
I've been saving up for a PC upgrade recently and I've decided to start with PSU.
My current system PSU seems hardly capable and it is well over 6yrs of age, so its better to retire that and use a new one.
I initially decided to buy Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 600w, but some reviews and comments in the forum said its not a good one.
Since I don't know much about PSUs, could ya'll lovely users suggest me some good PSU's(approx 600W capacity) for the same price.

Price Range: Approx $80 or £60

MY CURRENT SETUP:
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
Motherboard Gigabyte 970a-ds3p
GTX 1050Ti

2x Case Fans
3x HDD
3x RAM sticks

Expected Upgrade:
Intel i5 8400
Compatible Full ATX Z370 motherboard
2x Case Fans
3x HDD
1x SSD
2x RAM sticks
(yes i'll be using the old case+fans+hdd's and would just add in a 120GB SSD)
And maybe upgrading GPU to a better one in near future

Thanks in Advance

Bitfenix formula 450/550w is about 60 pounds and very good.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

the probability of having that available in India is next to none, but thanks anyway xD:)

Just now, aliasdred said:

the probability of having that available in India is next to none, but thanks anyway xD:)

Can you send us a link to an online store, or if you want to buy it on a local store, the available units? Also, the maximum budget in your country's currency.

is it good and reliable as well?
see, i have no issues with capacity and wattage, and even power draw for that matter.
like, for the masterwatt, i read that its Hold-Up-Time is 11ms, which is lower than the ATX standard 16ms, so that may corrupt stuff in case of power loss, stuff like that and reliability is what i wanna know :)
anyway thanks

5 minutes ago, breixobaloca said:

Can you send us a link to an online store, or if you want to buy it on a local store, the available units? Also, the maximum budget in your country's currency.

Yea, Sure.
You can check

http://mdcomputers.in

https://www.mdcomputers.in/smps

The store that hosts the site is 2hrs away, so it'll probably be the place i'll buy components from.
My Max Budget would be Rs 5500

Thanks in advance :)

3 hours ago, L.Lawliet said:

Corsair CX/M 550w is more than enough

see, i have no issues with capacity and wattage, and even power draw for that matter.
like, for the masterwatt, i read that its Hold-Up-Time is 11ms, which is lower than the ATX standard 16ms, so that may corrupt stuff in case of power loss, stuff like that and reliability is what i wanna know :)
anyway thanks

26 minutes ago, aliasdred said:

anyway thanks

If you have iffy power, to the point where you're concerned about hold-up time, then a CX will be fine, but I'd recommend getting a UPS and/or a surge protector to go with it. 

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

1 hour ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

If you have iffy power, to the point where you're concerned about hold-up time, then a CX will be fine, but I'd recommend getting a UPS and/or a surge protector to go with it. 

well, it IS India, and we DO have Power Cuts like 5-7times a day, so yea, that'd be a concern.... My UPS is as old as the current system (6+yrs), and all those years of torture have made it useless as well...... will invest in a new one too,. after I get all the system components in order.... maybe 6-10 months more

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2017 at 1:13 PM, aliasdred said:

well, it IS India, and we DO have Power Cuts like 5-7times a day, so yea, that'd be a concern.... My UPS is as old as the current system (6+yrs), and all those years of torture have made it useless as well...... will invest in a new one too,. after I get all the system components in order.... maybe 6-10 months more

That's rough man. Why exactly is the infrastructure so poor there for electricity?

Anyways, yeah, get a new UPS and the grey-label CX is a good choice.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||