Windows notifications sound repeatedly

ThomasBoben
Go to solution Solved by Cyracus,

if whatever the issue is isn't creating other problems than the sound you could turn off the sound, right click on the speaker in the taskbar (bottom right) pick sounds and either set sound scheme to no sounds or scroll down the list and turn off device connect and disconnect sounds

so starting today all the sudden i get the windows notification sound repeatedly like i was plugging something in and unplugging it so i went to my connected devices there is a unknown usb device ( device descriptor failed) then under it says driver error but all of my devices i have plugged in show up in the devices so i dont know why it keeps doing this 

is there a drive or other device that's inside the pc, also have you changed any driver settings. I know on my laptop i changed the Bluetooth driver and now for about 15 sec after startup I hear that same sound.

1 minute ago, Sdrft1 said:

is there a drive or other device that's inside the pc, also have you changed any driver settings. I know on my laptop i changed the Bluetooth driver and now for about 15 sec after startup I hear that same sound.

i did a windows update i dont know if that could have done anything and no there is nothing else in my pc that would make that sound

windows updates are always finicky check your devices and see if at the very least you could get a device ID to look up online.

1 minute ago, Sdrft1 said:

windows updates are always finicky check your devices and see if at the very least you could get a device ID to look up online.

all it lets me do is remove the device then 3 seconds later it reconnects

then wisdom would guess that its an internal device do you have a device location or any identifying info? have you tried another restart?

i just found it and it says its the universal serial bus controllers location port #0008.hub#0003

if whatever the issue is isn't creating other problems than the sound you could turn off the sound, right click on the speaker in the taskbar (bottom right) pick sounds and either set sound scheme to no sounds or scroll down the list and turn off device connect and disconnect sounds

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

3 minutes ago, Cyracus said:

yes this is fine thank you so much