Any other monitors worth considering?

JokerProduction

So looking to upgrade my two monitors, spent a good chunk of time looking around and think I found what I'm looking for but thought I would throw a thread up to avoid buyers remorse after the fact.

Absolute mandatory requirements.

-2560x1440 16x9 (Currently running 2 1080P 24" that replaced 2 27" 4k that got delegated to the second system I built)

-Vesa Mounting (w/ removable stand)

-Small bezels

-Displayport or HDMI (cables are meticulasly managed and as such I ran 2 display port cables in the mount for the previous 4k monitors as well as 2 hdmis for the current 1080ps, I'm not interested in having to redo the cables)

-Wide viewing angle (often viewed from out of the room from some pretty extreme angles as well they are being mounted above My x34 angled down slightly)

-23"+ (would hate to upgrade to a smaller monitor)

-Neutral Color

They will not be used for gaming as I have a x34 predator so gsync and fast refresh rates are not important at all and likely a waste of money.  The new monitors will be used mostly for watching youtube/twitch/netflix, email , security camera feed, HW monitoring, Voice programs for games, and OBS for the occasional time I stream. None of which is 60Hz+ content.

Best option I came up with was the acer K272HUL which for some reason has 2monitors with the exact same part number.  Both are the same except one is 25$ more for a bezeless frame.  They are IPS so viewing angles and colours should be good. Vesa Mount, displayport, proper resolution and size.

24-009-996-09.jpg

Did a bit of looking around and, it looks like the Acer is an excellent choice for your use case. Below are options to consider if you want to tighten the budget with the BenQ or go with bigger screens with the Asus.

BenQ: GW2765HT for $219.95 @ B&H ==> https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1078513-REG/benq_gw2765ht_27_led_screen.html

Pros - Cheaper

Cons - more bezel

Asus: VA32AQ for $289 @ B&H ==> https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1285942-REG/asus_va32aq_31_5_wqhd_1440p.html

Pros - bigger screen

Cons - more bezel

- slightly more expensive

3 hours ago, Doomed83 said:

Did a bit of looking around and, it looks like the Acer is an excellent choice for your use case. Below are options to consider if you want to tighten the budget with the BenQ or go with bigger screens with the Asus.

BenQ: GW2765HT for $219.95 @ B&H ==> https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1078513-REG/benq_gw2765ht_27_led_screen.html

Pros - Cheaper

Cons - more bezel

Asus: VA32AQ for $289 @ B&H ==> https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1285942-REG/asus_va32aq_31_5_wqhd_1440p.html

Pros - bigger screen

Cons - more bezel

- slightly more expensive

Thanks for checking I didn't really find much else in this segment and the acer really seems the best pick.  When I first stumbled across it, it was on a flash sale on newegg and was almost 100$ off each one but was backordered so I held off.  Its been 3months now and hasn't gone more than 13% off.

The BenQ has too thick of bezels and I'm not too happy with my current BenQ that they would be replacing.

As for the asus I've had pretty bad luck with the brand in general and despite them being a popular brand I personally see them like most view razor where they make ok products but there are always better options than  asus for usually cheaper...

I've never really heard this particular (acer) monitor mentioned before though and would still like someone with first hand experience to chime in.  Since I'm trying to hold of for a sale on them anyway.

My personal experience with Asus monitors is limited to only a few models. I've purchased at least 40 of the Asus VS239H-P for my job and not had a single problem with them. I don't remember when I started purchasing them but it's been at least four years. I bought my wife a 28 inch model a couple years ago now. I can't remember the model number, but it's been a great monitor as well. I'm not saying that none of their monitors have problems, but simply that I've had excellent luck with them.

I did have a bad experience with Acer monitors about 9 years ago now, but I've heard from a lot of people that those issues have long since been resolved.

Good luck with your purchase!