Battlefront II (17 vs 05)

The new Battlefront II is pay to win scaled up to a ridiculous degree. It costs $80. No one should support it.

On the other hand, the legacy version has been given multiplayer support, and everyone starts the round with the same exact base weapons and has the ability to upgrade through their classes required skill, like headshots or slices. It costs around $5 or 10 on Steam.

Can someone help me make a decision on which to buy for Christmas?

The Classic 2005 version is great. Probably the best Star Wars game I've played other than Republic Commando

13 minutes ago, TechSwagPimp1337 said:

The new Battlefront II is pay to win scaled up to a ridiculous degree. It costs $80. No one should support it.

On the other hand, the legacy version has been given multiplayer support, and everyone starts the round with the same exact base weapons and has the ability to upgrade through their classes required skill, like headshots or slices. It costs around $5 or 10 on Steam.

Can someone help me make a decision on which to buy for Christmas?

Personally I think the 2005 Battlefront 2 is complete shit. Such a completely overhyped game in my opinion. Multiplayer was okay at best, but the "campaign" was trash (Cutscenes were good though).

Of course, the multiplayer scene on the new 2017 Battlefront 2 is a bit of a mess, isn't it?

2 minutes ago, Judd said:

The Classic 2005 version is great. Probably the best Star Wars game I've played other than Republic Commando

I couldn't disagree more.

Republic Commando was badass - a great game, but Battlefront 1 and 2 were both pretty awful games.

There are so many superior Star Wars games to Battlefront 2.

KOTOR, KOTOR 2, Force Unleashed 1 & 2, Jedi Knight series (Jedi Academy in particular had some of the best saber combat in a Star Wars game), etc.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

6 minutes ago, BloodyWaters said:

Get the legacy. 

Get both. ;)

Though like he said:

1 minute ago, Judd said:

It's pretty awesome. Add to that the massive amount of cool mods, with people still actively making them 12 years after the release of the game, and you've got a pretty cool title. But the graphics can't hold a candle to Battlefront II 2017. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Just now, Zando Bob said:

But the graphics can't hold a candle to Battlefront II 2017. 

I agree. Although my 1050ti is not the best for it I am going to upgrade to a 1070ti

3 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Personally I think the 2005 Battlefront 2 is complete shit. Such a completely overhyped game in my opinion. Multiplayer was okay at best, but the "campaign" was trash (Cutscenes were good though).

Of course, the multiplayer scene on the new 2017 Battlefront 2 is a bit of a mess, isn't it?

The replay value was extremely high. Also, the modding community has helped it live well beyond it's expiration date. EA took a big dump on everybody and said that they didn't add modding support because people aren't smart enough to use the Frostbite engine right.

The old man in me definitely prefer 2005 version over the new one. Battlefront 2, Battlefield 2.. so many class skipping i had to extend my study.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |