HELP! Asus Prime B350 & Ryzen 7

dorit0o

Hi so this is my first post and first computer build. I may be making an amateur mistake, but I'm really hoping I made a mistake rather than having a busted component on my board. 

Here's my issue. So I got everything connected and plugged in my PSU and switched it on. The first time I did it, the motherboard had glowing red LEDs, but the power button wasn't working. After troubleshooting that, I realized that I had plugged in the ATX Power Switch Button into the wrong pins. So I fixed that and everything should've worked good and I turn on the PSU again and the LEDs turn red and I press the power button which should've booted the machine, but instead I hear a loud click and the LEDs go out and still no boot. I checked the Motherboard and CPU power connectors and everything is fine, but I'm still not getting power to either. I should also note that my fans were never running before and after the LEDs went out. 

Here's my specs:

Motherboard: Asus Prime B350 Plus

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700

GPU: EVGA Geforce 1050Ti

RAM: 32GB Patriot Viper DDR4

PSU: Corsair CX750

I won't include my hard drives because I'm pretty sure this is a power issue so my hard drive should be irrelevant. 

1 hour ago, dorit0o said:

I hear a loud click

Check the board physically if nothing's burned,

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM

1 hour ago, dorit0o said:

Hi so this is my first post and first computer build. I may be making an amateur mistake, but I'm really hoping I made a mistake rather than having a busted component on my board. 

Here's my issue. So I got everything connected and plugged in my PSU and switched it on. The first time I did it, the motherboard had glowing red LEDs, but the power button wasn't working. After troubleshooting that, I realized that I had plugged in the ATX Power Switch Button into the wrong pins. So I fixed that and everything should've worked good and I turn on the PSU again and the LEDs turn red and I press the power button which should've booted the machine, but instead I hear a loud click and the LEDs go out and still no boot. I checked the Motherboard and CPU power connectors and everything is fine, but I'm still not getting power to either. I should also note that my fans were never running before and after the LEDs went out. 

Here's my specs:

Motherboard: Asus Prime B350 Plus

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700

GPU: EVGA Geforce 1050Ti

RAM: 32GB Patriot Viper DDR4

PSU: Corsair CX750

I won't include my hard drives because I'm pretty sure this is a power issue so my hard drive should be irrelevant. 

Hi, you can try jumping the motherboards power switch with a screwdriver on the 2 pins and see if it powers up, or you may want to test your psu first by jumping the green and black atx 24 pin on the psu itself and see if the power supply powers up.

1 minute ago, ckl_1981 said:

Hi, you can try jumping the motherboards power switch with a screwdriver on the 2 pins and see if it powers up, or you may want to test your psu first by jumping the green and black atx 24 pin on the psu itself and see if the power supply powers up.

I suggest you test the PSU first put the board on hold first. Hope it helps