Difference between 1050ti and 1050ti gaming x?

Kredit To Team

It's a slightly beefier cooler (also a little nicer aesthetics), and the base clock is slightly higher on the gaming X

Frostbite (White build PC)

Spoiler

MSI B350M Mortar Arctic - Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 GHz - Corsair H60 - ASUS GTX 1060 3GB DUAL OC @ (2130 MHz Core Clock + 4600 MHz Mem Clock)

2x8GB 3200MHz Corsair Vengeance C16 Corsair 400C White - EVGA 650 GQ

Razer Deathadder Chroma - Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition Chroma - Sennheiser HD 598 SR - LG 24MP59G-P

The fans, and a slight overclock on the first one.  I strongly recommend the one with two fans.  It will allow further overclocking.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

7 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

The fans, and a slight overclock on the first one.  I strongly recommend the one with two fans.  It will allow further overclocking.

This is a myth on the 1050ti I own one and several of my friends own them as well, I have overclocked on all of our systems and the cooler design appears to mean absolutely nothing in fact, the card that overclocks the best is a short cooler with single fan, the gigabyte version and ironically it overclocks better than its gigabyte g1 gaming counterpart that has 2 fans and a pci-e power connector.

1 minute ago, mortino said:

This is a myth on the 1050ti I own one and several of my friends own them as well, I have overclocked on all of our systems and the cooler design appears to mean absolutely nothing in fact, the card that overclocks the best is a short cooler with single fan, the gigabyte version and ironically it overclocks better than its gigabyte g1 gaming counterpart that has 2 fans and a pci-e power connector.

Silicon lottery notwithstanding, better cooling means you can push it further.  You have an outlier.

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

Just now, JoostinOnline said:

Silicon lottery notwithstanding, better cooling means you can push it further.  You have an outlier.

14 outliers than.

Just now, mortino said:

14 outliers than.

I don't know where you got 14, but that's compared to the millions of people who have gotten better overclocks by upgrading their cooling.

I don't know where you got 14, but that's compared to the millions of people who have gotten better overclocks by upgrading their cooling.

Because I've tested 14 1050ti's personally and they overclock almost identically within 25mhz and thermals as well were within margin of error.

Just now, mortino said:

Because I've tested 14 1050ti's personally and they overclock almost identically within 25mhz and thermals as well were within margin of error.

If you're getting the same overclock on that many GPU's, you're not properly pushing it.  The odds are just too high.  Have you been increasing the voltage?

6 minutes ago, mortino said:

Silicon lottery plays a part as well. If you were to take two identical GPUs, meaning not only are they the same model, but both have the exact same overclocking potential, you will be able to get more out of one that has the superior cooling solution. That doesn't necessarily mean the one with most fans , or even the one with most pipes, but whichever one has the best performing cooler, with identical GPUs, will be able to clock higher because it will go further before it hits the thermal ceiling.

Intel i7-7700k @ 5.1ghz | Asus ROG Maximus Hero IX | Asus ROG Poseidon Platinum 1080ti @ 2126mhz | 64gb Trident-Z DDR4 @ 3600mhz | Samsung 960 Pro 1tb @ 3500mbps/2500mbps | Crucial 240gb SSD | Toshiba 4tb 7200rpm HDD w/ Crucial 128gb SSD cache | Corsair Hx1000i PSU | EK 360mm Coolstream XE Radiator | EK-Supremacy Evo Waterblock | EK-DDC 3.2 PWM Elite Edition Pump | EK-RES X3 150 RGB Reservoir | Primochill AdvancedLRT Clear Tubing | Primochill VUE UV Blue Coolant | Corsair 570x Crystal RGB Case | 4x 30cm CableMod UV/RGB Widebeam Hybrid Led Strip | 3x 120mm Corsair SP120 RGB Fans | 3x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC 3000rpm Fans | 3x Noctua NF-A12x15 Fan | CableMod ModFlex PSU & SATA Cables | Asus ROG Swift 27" 4k IPS w/G-Sync & LG UD68 27" 4k IPS w/Freesync |

If you're getting the same overclock on that many GPU's, you're not properly pushing it.  The odds are just too high.  Have you been increasing the voltage?

1050Ti's are locked to a 104% so the first thing I do is put it to the max, in the same boat the cards do not get hot enough for it to ever be a concern. You gotta remember these are 75w TDP cards, it's not hard to dissipate 75 watts, you can do that with a friggin intel stock cooler.

4 minutes ago, PETRGangKing said:

Silicon lottery plays a part as well. If you were to take two identical GPUs, meaning not only are they the same model, but both have the exact same overclocking potential, you will be able to get more out of one that has the superior cooling solution. That doesn't necessarily mean the one with most fans , or even the one with most pipes, but whichever one has the best performing cooler, with identical GPUs, will be able to clock higher because it will go further before it hits the thermal ceiling.

Normally I'd agree with you but 14 different cards and some of them binned by the manufacturer already is hard to argue with, maybe I can convince my buddy with the g1 gaming cooler to let me try a cooler swap.

Yaa, when it comes to such a low TDP card, any of the coolers out there can handle it with ease.

Nevertheless, i still say go for the beefier cooler because its always quieter when you got more fans blowing at a lower RPM vs a single fan on higher RPM.

10 minutes ago, Bcat00 said:

Yaa, when it comes to such a low TDP card, any of the coolers out there can handle it with ease.

Nevertheless, i still say go for the beefier cooler because its always quieter when you got more fans blowing at a lower RPM vs a single fan on higher RPM.

I haven't tested a blower style cooler or that super mini low profile one with the tiny fans but all the cards I tested were virtually silent over cpu fans and some don't even turn the fans on until 60c which doesn't happen unless you have the card pinned or near and even at 100% usage still can't tell. When I first got my card I kept sticking my finger in the fans to check if they were working lol.

26 minutes ago, mortino said:

1050Ti's are locked to a 104% so the first thing I do is put it to the max, in the same boat the cards do not get hot enough for it to ever be a concern. You gotta remember these are 75w TDP cards, it's not hard to dissipate 75 watts, you can do that with a friggin intel stock cooler.

That's power limit.  Core voltage is different.

6 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

That's power limit.  Core voltage is different.

Sorry I thought you meant power limit, you can't change the core voltage on 1050ti's, at least not without a custom bios. I think the g1 did have that option though, I don't own it so I can't say for sure today, might be a 1060 I'm thinking of.

Just now, mortino said:

Sorry I thought you meant power limit, you can't change the core voltage on 1050ti's, at least not without a custom bios.

Hopefully that will help you get more out of your graphics cards.

1 minute ago, JoostinOnline said:

Hopefully that will help you get more out of your graphics cards.

I tried all of those methods except one and it didn't change the actual voltage but I will admit I didn't try editing the .cfg for afterburner so maybe I'll give that a go on a couple cards this week, starting with mine.

Thank you everyone for the help, I'm probably going to pick the Gaming X card.