Is this good enough to play newer games?

SweatyD
Go to solution Solved by SweatyD,
Just now, Damascus said:

Why not? It’s safe and most of the time much cheaper.  

Yeah, I know it would be cheaper but I'm just not really into computers enough to do so. I'd like to just buy a pre built that I can start playing on straight out the box and I the shop I'm using doesn't sell parts and I kind of have to use it for reasons that I'm going to explain. I found this other listing it's a little more expensive but it has much better reviews. (pic included) do you think this would be a good choice for a starter gaming pc? I'm not looking to play super heavy games like Witcher 3, just games like CS:GO, PUBG, Overwatch and Fortnite. Could it IMG_7734.PNG.d6e8c17be0742471a9d0aed02af09a90.PNGdo the job? 

I've found a listing for a pre-built pc  which is what I am going to get because I'm not into building it myself. It's down from £799.99 to £579.99 and I was thinking its a good deal, but I'm not sure if it's good enough to run games such as PUBG or Overwatch. I read somewhere that the Processor would bottleneck the graphics card, is this true? (This is the only reasonable looking listing on the site I have to use, for reasons.)

• Windows 10 Home Edition 64-bit 
  • AMD FX 4300 CPU 3.8GHz 
  • 8Gb DDR3 RAM 
  • 1Tb Hard Drive 
  • NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX™ 1050Ti 4Gb dedicated graphics

This is the actual computer itself. (I just noticed I got the price wrong) IMG_7733.PNG.def47e07343fa6779a1f12e8dc735b26.PNG

13 minutes ago, SweatyD said:

I've found a listing for a pre-built pc  which is what I am going to get because I'm not into building it myself. It's down from £799.99 to £579.99 and I was thinking its a good deal, but I'm not sure if it's good enough to run games such as PUBG or Overwatch. I read somewhere that the Processor would bottleneck the graphics card, is this true? (This is the only reasonable looking listing on the site I have to use, for reasons.)

• Windows 10 Home Edition 64-bit 
  • AMD FX 4300 CPU 3.8GHz 
  • 8Gb DDR3 RAM 
  • 1Tb Hard Drive 
  • NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX™ 1050Ti 4Gb dedicated graphics

you should not buy a amd fx  they are weak for games

you should look for a ryzen if you going to buy amd   never buy a  fx  they are obsolete

Nope, an r3 1200, cheap arse mobo and a 1050 ti sitting on a box beside a psu would be a better buy.  As a matter of fact, that’s what I recommend!  Minus the box, you can get a decent case for £20.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Just now, JeJaRaLa said:

you should not buy a amd fx  they are weak for games

you should look for a ryzen if you going to buy amd   never buy a  fx  they are obsolete

Patrocinados

image.jpeg

Thanks for that tip! I don't know very much about AMD and which ones are better but the site has no Intel computers of reasonable price 

1 minute ago, Damascus said:

Nope, an r3 1200, cheap arse mobo and a 1050 ti sitting on a box beside a psu would be a better buy.  As a matter of fact, that’s what I recommend!  Minus the box, you can get a decent case for £20.

I'm really not looking to build one myself :/

1 minute ago, SweatyD said:

I'm really not looking to build one myself :/

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

5 minutes ago, SweatyD said:

Thanks for that tip! I don't know very much about AMD and which ones are better but the site has no Intel computers of reasonable price 

Because they are trying to dump older AMD stock cheap

2 minutes ago, Damascus said:

Or buy the bits and pay someone say £50 to build it?

Just now, Damascus said:

Yeah, I know it would be cheaper but I'm just not really into computers enough to do so. I'd like to just buy a pre built that I can start playing on straight out the box and I the shop I'm using doesn't sell parts and I kind of have to use it for reasons that I'm going to explain. I found this other listing it's a little more expensive but it has much better reviews. (pic included) do you think this would be a good choice for a starter gaming pc? I'm not looking to play super heavy games like Witcher 3, just games like CS:GO, PUBG, Overwatch and Fortnite. Could it IMG_7734.PNG.d6e8c17be0742471a9d0aed02af09a90.PNGdo the job? 

3 minutes ago, CozJ806 said:

Or buy the bits and pay someone say £50 to build it?

I don't know anyone who could build it and there are literally 0 computer stores near where I live that could do the job. It sucks becuase if there were I would possibly go for a custom build.

3 minutes ago, SweatyD said:

I don't know anyone who could build it and there are literally 0 computer stores near where I live that could do the job. It sucks becuase if there were I would possibly go for a custom build.

You're always going to get a better deal for custom builds. Prebuilt is more expensive and you will have to compromise. If you just buy the parts and assemble them, it will be more worth it. It's daunting at first, but watch build guides, even if you don't have the same parts, it'll give you an idea of what to do, And just be careful. I built my first system earlier this year, and the only problem I had was when the motherboard didn't tell me where to plug in the power switch cable. 

Its actually quite easy. 

Rx580 Red Devil

Msi b40 tomahawk

Ryzen 5 2600

NZXT H500

Arctic Freezer 33 

EVGA supernova 650 watts 80+ gold

3x WD caviar blue 1tb HDD

1x Corsair SSD

6 hours ago, SweatyD said:

CS:GO, PUBG, Overwatch and Fortnite. Could it

Nope, the first one was better